• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Please tell me what Sam Howell has over Sam Darnold?

There is no physical advantage. Just asking for a friend.

Not really anything worth trading players and future picks away for. We should just see whats there tmrw, trade our 4th and one 5th to move up to top of the day 3 draft if a decent QB is still there. No future 2nd's and 3rd's for any of these QB's

16 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Please tell me what Sam Howell has over Sam Darnold?

There is no physical advantage. Just asking for a friend.

I know for certain one of them isn't good enough to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

I don't know if the other one can be.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

In my mind, pick 50 is where the "elite" QBs (Willis, Howell, Corral) will be gone.

I think Willis could go to the Giants with their second rounder--just a hunch--or Tennessee will grab him. 

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

I can't see us trading up for Willis, Corral, Ridder or Howell.  I think all of those guys go in the top half of the 2nd and would cost too much to get up there.  NYG, ATL, SEA, DET, HOU, WAS, TB, and NO all might be eyeing QB and all have picks in the top half of the 2nd.

If Dan Patrick's sources are accurate, Malik Willis will be available in the early 3rd round.

42 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

There is a gigantic mental advantage though.

6'3" is average height for an NFL QB. I'm 6'1" playing QB was but a dream for someone my height back in the day. WR, RB, or defense.

Having said that Sam being average height for an NFL QB makes him equal to his peers. That's what gets other guys picked ahead of you this point in the draft.

They take the best QB available on Saturday...Matt Moore type guy.  These guys are convinced that the 3-0 start last year solidified Carrot Top as a starting QB as long as CM is playing and with a new OL.  I don't know if they are correct or not, but I see them running this poop back next year and not giving up on their initial decision to trade of Darnold in the first place.  They basically gave up the 2nd and 3rd round picks for the guy, so they seem all in.