• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Andre Roberts

32 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

he's 34.  Dang

Hes the same age as the DL coach....

Im old enough to member players playing late into 30s/40s, with gray hair/bald etc. Now it feels like 30 is the limit, thats it unless you were a 1st rounder or had elite skills and avoided bad injuries. Tom Brady is not human. I know 26-32 are a males strongest years in his life, teams are cutting that short. College has better players overall too, even the schools towards the back have better players. 

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hes the same age as the DL coach....

Im old enough to member players playing late into 30s/40s, with gray hair/bald etc. Now it feels like 30 is the limit, thats it unless you were a 1st rounder or had elite skills and avoided bad injuries. Tom Brady is not human. I know 26-32 are a males strongest years in his life, teams are cutting that short. College has better players overall too, even the schools towards the back have better players. 

It sounds crazy since they get hit on virtually every snap they play, but I think it’s cause KR just don’t play many total snaps. What, 7 a game? 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

It sounds crazy since they get hit on virtually every snap they play, but I think it’s cause KR just don’t play many total snaps. What, 7 a game? 

Thats about right, but theres been far more fair catches/touch backs with the new rules. Ive always thought you have to legally insane to be a PK/KR. Teams sending some 275LB 4.45 guy to hit me??? nah, I'll pass... Everytime it feels like theres 4-5 opposing players close to the PK, panthers blocking during punts has been awful. Got to have the same type of mind that sky driving/rodeo dudes have...

Panthers signed WR/KR Andre Roberts, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year contract.

Roberts, now 34, went to three straight Pro Bowls from 2018-2020 as a return man and was named a first-team All-Pro in 2018 with the Jets. The Panthers will be his fourth team since then after spending two seasons with the Bills and splitting last year between the Texans and Chargers. Roberts has six career touchdown returns, three each on kickoffs and punts.

7 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Also, 80% of the time kick returners stick their arms out and watch the kick fly out of the end zone.  The average game probably has 1-2 returned kickoffs.

As long as Roberts is returning punts too though, he can contribute.  We have been mediocre at special teams for so long, it would be great for that to change.

• Pie 1