• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Rhule turns out to be a really good just being a coach?

Fan01

That'd be fuging great!

I don't know how likely that will be though. 

I'm at the acceptance stage of the grieving process so he is the coach going into next year and I as a panther fan want the team to win so I will be rooting for them. 

If the first month is anything like the last 3 months of last season, I'm out until Rhule is fired though. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The best thing he can do is nothing.

The best thing he can do to help the team win is do nothing.

Let the GMs make personnel decisions and let his coaches run the show. 

It’s a shame he can get a king's ransom for delegating everything, but he is also paid to be a scapegoat and get massively poo on when things go wrong 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

It’s a shame he can get a king's ransom for delegating everything, but he is also paid to be a scapegoat and get massively poo on when things go wrong 

You can kinda tell that from his recent demeanor. Looks like he got yelled at for pissing on the carpet

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

If the first month is anything like the last 3 months of last season, I'm out until Rhule is fired though. 

Completely agree.  What has really peeked my interest is just how much Rhule is on board with deferring to Fitterer.  I'm wondering how much Fitterer can train him as a coach or is Fitt just letting him put in his time until he can hire the coach he wants.

Is Rhule just passing the time to collect his money or is he really taking these lessons to heart and trying to improve and become a good head coach at the NFL level.

Yeah, all the guys that hate him because he’s kind of a dork, are all hedging their bets. If we win 3 consecutive Súper bowls, they have already stated that it’s because he’s been stripped of any responsibility.

It’s awesome being right no matter what.

”Rhule is the greatest coach of all time. If he fails, it’s because of the meddling owner, incompetent GMs, and sh!tty players he didn’t even want. He didn’t even want Phil Snow. Tepper and Marty made him hire Phil.”

Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? Well, the opposite that the whine and cheese crowd posts here constantly every day sounds just as silly. They just can’t see it. It’s a lot like the current political climate lol

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He now has some NFL assistant coaches.  Hopefully, they are good and he listens to them.  

Which is kind of why a "flipside" sort of question applies...

What happens if the seasoned NFL assistants come to understand they're serving under someone who's not as smart as they are?

• Pie 1

I want to thank Matt.   I want to compliment him, thank him for the real progress towards  winning  this season.   I want to compliment him on assembling a new staff that brings a lot more experience than we had with the old staff including two former head coaches,  Coach Wilkes who's going to be in the DB room,  Coach Macadoo,  offensive coordinator, Campen was a great hire as offensive line, and  Pasqualoni on the defensive line and Tabor our special teams coordinator.   I think you know all great hires...a wealth of experience... excited about them.   I think that just has to be recognized hasn't been recognized as enough in you know in the press out there.   And look it I believe in Matt and he has
my full support .

---David Tepper

Does this sound like Rhule is sidelined? 

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I want to thank Matt.   I want to compliment him, thank him for the real progress towards  winning  this season.   I want to compliment him on assembling a new staff that brings a lot more experience than we had with the old staff including two former head coaches,  Coach Wilkes who's going to be in the DB room,  Coach Macadoo,  offensive coordinator, Campen was a great hire as offensive line, and  Pasqualoni on the defensive line and Tabor our special teams coordinator.   I think you know all great hires...a wealth of experience... excited about them.   I think that just has to be recognized hasn't been recognized as enough in you know in the press out there.   And look it I believe in Matt and he has
my full support .

---David Tepper

No, but it does sound like Tepper told him to do it or he'd be out.

10 minutes ago, poundaway said:

my full support .

---David Tepper

"Marty Hurney is the best evaluator of college talent in the league."

---also David Tepper

• Pie 2

the hate for Rhule should not be blinding. It’s not he can’t redeem himself, it’s that does he have the ability? because it will take a lot and won’t be easy

not that we have a say - but if they figure it out and Rhule goes 9-8/10-7, especially with Darnold…or really anyone who is available at this point, it would be monumentally foolish to not keep it going and clutch that pitchfork just cause you’re upset and butthurt, that’s an emotional thought 

now i would bet against it happening but that really doesn’t have anything to do with it, the sentiment remains 

that said giving him 5/6 years is dumbassery

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"Marty Hurney is the best evaluator of college talent in the league."

---also David Tepper

Found it.  Not quite, but close:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/players/david-tepper
"
Marty Hurney is one of the best recognizer of college talent in the nation"

Your quote is  a judgement on how Marty had done based on Cam and Luke and co.

My post is Tepper saying what he knows happened, Rhule was key in assembling the current coaching staff, THIS year.

But go on, live in your fan fiction.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1