• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking for another option at QB to mentor Corral? How about one more Baylor alum?

Proudiddy

Tannehill is a decent starter but he's a replacement level starter. If you think you can upgrade, you take a shot. The Titans took a relatively low risk shot with a 3rd round pick. Tannehill should act more like Alex Smith about this than Brett Favre because he's a lot closer to Alex Smith than he is to Brett Favre.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, he's not...

But that's also one of those things that you might not wanna say out loud.

Smitty once publicly said he wasn't going to mentor any of our young WR's. He was gone shortly thereafter. A vet saying that publicly shows the organization that he's not a team first, whatever it takes to win, type of guy. Team loyalty disappears.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Smitty once publicly said he wasn't going to mentor any of our young WR's. He was gone shortly thereafter. A vet saying that publicly shows the organization that he's not a team first, whatever it takes to win, type of guy. Team loyalty disappears.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's the outcome with Tannehill.  Despite his improvement as a QB since he's been there from his Dolphins days, I've gotten the feeling the last couple of years that their org and fanbase feel like he's the piece that's holding them back from hitting that next level.  They are built to win everywhere else.  So, they already seem to be growing impatient with him and then he says this after they just drafted a highly regarded guy at QB?  

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't there to start the season.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, he's not...

But that's also one of those things that you might not wanna say out loud.

Many coaches and tv talking heads say they want a QB with ice in their veins, killer mentality, etc etc. They should go into camp with the drive to win out the job. You look at someone like Andy Dalton - he signed with NO to specifically be that mentor role for Jameis, unlike when he signed with Chicago last year and was expecting to start, not help out Justin Fields. I'm with Favre on this one. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tannehill is a decent starter but he's a replacement level starter. If you think you can upgrade, you take a shot. The Titans took a relatively low risk shot with a 3rd round pick. Tannehill should act more like Alex Smith about this than Brett Favre because he's a lot closer to Alex Smith than he is to Brett Favre.

I disagree on the replacement level starter a lot of teams would love to have a Tannehill level QB. 

29 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I disagree on the replacement level starter a lot of teams would love to have a Tannehill level QB. 

Teams that lack even a replacement level starter. Every team either has a top 10 QB, has a guy they think can develop into a top 10 QB, or they should be shopping for a QB.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teams that lack even a replacement level starter. Every team either has a top 10 QB, has a guy they think can develop into a top 10 QB, or they should be shopping for a QB.

If that’s the case a lot of sides are lying to them selves. I believe these top QBs cripple sides when they get payed. That being said Tannehill is overplayed but not easily replaceable 

No thanks. It's not like they don't have coaches to do this job. Just play Sam and coach the rookie up. It would be a nice luxury but isn't a necessity.

And do you really want to see Corral playing like RG III? There is a big reason his career was so short. Maybe Wilson's? IDK but not RG III