• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Jonathan Alexander, Browns were willing to eat 50% of Bakers salary($9m) and Panthers said no. Apparently, the max we want to take is $5m, playing hardball with them.

Julio

Was this before or after the 23rd allegation?

IMO, it only makes sense if it's a swap. Cleveland will likely have to play a QB not named Watson at some point in the season so they need a back-up but Baker doesn't want to play for them now. He could refuse to play this season for Cleveland. At least Darnold would play. 

I wouldn't understand the logic between having Baker, Darnold and Corral here. Corral should be backing up one guy, not two. 

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

IMO, it only makes sense if it's a swap. Cleveland will likely have to play a QB not named Watson at some point in the season so they need a back-up but Baker doesn't want to play for them now. He could refuse to play this season for Cleveland. At least Darnold would play. 

I wouldn't understand the logic between having Baker, Darnold and Corral here. Corral should be backing up one guy, not two. 

I was just going to say exactly this. Only makes sense if it's a swap. I feel Browns will be without Watson for a substantial portion of 22. Think they trust Jacoby? I wouldn't trust Darnold either but it seems like there are people in the NFL that still think he can put it together. 

11 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

I still think the best scenario is trading Sam for Jimmy G straight up. San Fran saves 6 million in the process and has a backup for Trey. Wasn't San Fran interested in Sam last year.

Don’t see SF accepting this trade. Jimmy G is a capable starter, and I’m not sure Sam can offer much even as a backup. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Before the 23rd...

And the 24th...

And Rusty Hardin going on radio saying that "happy endings" aren't really that big a deal.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I honestly don’t understand why you draft Corral with Sam on the team and then sign Baker as well. This would literally mean that Corral sees little to no playing time and we go into 23 not knowing what we have.

I think people really need to get over this concept Corral is going to come in like a Cam, Herbert, Wilson. That really isn’t all that common. Some players need more time I mean look at San Fran and all they gave up. They’re not a stupid FO, they see the value in it. And it’s beneficial. Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes etc. Allen probably could’ve benefited more too.

It really will ruin players who aren’t ready. He’s a third rounder and has a lot to learn. There is no reason to sacrifice Corral just because Sam sucks balls. It may just be Corral’s ceiling is a backup which is fine.

I think playing times and whoever wins in camp will show you want you have to an extent. Granted you do have a point in Rhule is making those calls, but Mc is now here, hopefully the right ones are made.

• Pie 3

14 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I honestly don’t understand why you draft Corral with Sam on the team and then sign Baker as well. This would literally mean that Corral sees little to no playing time and we go into 23 not knowing what we have.

how is this a problem? QBs sit for a couple of years all the time. give him a year or two to master the playbook

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think people really need to get over this concept Corral is going to come in like a Cam, Herbert, Wilson. That really isn’t all that common. 

He doesn't have to.

If he came in like a Mac Jones, I'd be fine with it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Don’t see SF accepting this trade. Jimmy G is a capable starter, and I’m not sure Sam can offer much even as a backup. 

I agree.  I don't see anybody taking Sam.  But then I never dreamed someone would trade a pick for Greg Little.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think people really need to get over this concept Corral is going to come in like a Cam, Herbert, Wilson. That really isn’t all that common. Some players need more time I mean look at San Fran and all they gave up. They’re not a stupid FO, they see the value in it. And it’s beneficial. Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes etc. Allen probably could’ve benefited more too.

It really will ruin players who aren’t ready. He’s a third rounder and has a lot to learn. There is no reason to sacrifice Corral just because Sam sucks balls. It may just be Corral’s ceiling is a backup which is fine.

I think playing times and whoever wins in camp will show you want you have to an extent. Granted you do have a point in Rhule is making those calls, but Mc is now here, hopefully the right ones are made.

I agree.  Cam also walked into a dream scenario with Smith, Gross, Stewart and Williams sitting here waiting for him alongside an OC who knew how to design an offense to play to his strengths.    Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance weren't as lucky.

Edited by poundaway

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Before the 23rd...

And the 24th...

And Rusty Hardin going on radio saying that "happy endings" aren't really that big a deal.

So glad Watson isn't a Panther.  Hush money was set at $100k per accuser too, while some women were on board, others refused to settle.

Also "happy endings" are really a big deal if the person providing the service is not doing so willingly. Apparently most, if not all, of these women were legit massage therapists and not the type of 'therapy' Watson was seeking.  The type he was looking for can be found on billboards going down I-85.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 2