• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Snow on Marquis Haynes

ncfan

I have always liked Haynes. He came into the league as a speedy undersized edge rusher (230ish). In college he was a sack machine. He has had success on passing downs here and there since joining the team. Hopefully the added weight will help him set the edge and stay on the field more.

• Pie 8

Good for Haynes. Seems like he could find a solid role here but I am highly suspect that it is more than a part time role at this point in his career.

I liked Snow coming in. He just hasn't adapted his philosophy successfully to the NFL yet. Good eye for DBs for sure, might even call it a fetish at this point. The run game allowed still looks bad until he changes up more than personnel.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

From the same news conference, sounds like Snow was instrumental in the decision to bring Jackson back. We know from previous comments how much influence Snow has with Rhule. 

D-jack does try to play the run. He is sometimes overpowered or takes bad angles but he does attack the ball carrier.

• Pie 5

12 minutes ago, Michael G said:

D-jack does try to play the run. He is sometimes overpowered or takes bad angles but he does attack the ball carrier.

He had a few surprising big hits last year. Showed that he is capable of being in the right place against the run. Snow is right.... finding a CB who can play the run is rare.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Hayes was originally committed to North Carolina out of High school but couldn’t get in due to academics so naturally he went to the SEC and probably made the deans list. 

there is a lot to like with MH - we need him to step up. Weren’t the panthers shopping him around the TD last year? 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Good for Haynes. Seems like he could find a solid role here but I am highly suspect that it is more than a part time role at this point in his career.

I liked Snow coming in. He just hasn't adapted his philosophy successfully to the NFL yet. Good eye for DBs for sure, might even call it a fetish at this point. The run game allowed still looks bad until he changes up more than personnel.

I think Haynes could be a good rotational guy. I do think the chances of him being a high caliber starter are pretty limited.

But every good team needs quality rotational guys, so glad to have him keep improving. 

• Beer 1