• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield watch

ncfan

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Anybody got the latest from Gary Cobb?  In situations like this, I like to go straight to the ultimate authority on these matters. 

It's Garry Cobb with two Rs, because he is royalty. Don't besmirch his name like that again. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You have to roll your Rs when you say his name.  It helps show how classy this legend of a man is.  

Is the numbskull who claimed inside sources were telling him we were still going to get Watson even after the trade with Cleveland was finalized still on here?

I think he left.

(which was probably wise)

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Listen, if we can get them to take Sam I'm all in. Do that.

Assuming we're talking about something in the 4th/5th round range in terms of pick trade compensation.

That's bad trade for us even giving them Sam.  The money we are eating negates the picks as far as I'm concerned. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If they took Sam then the money is a wash. Their cap hits are identical.

We would be eating Sam's contract and assuming a good chunk of Baker's as it stands now. There would be no even swap for Sam. Sam's worthless to Cleveland in this scenario.  If it's an even swap then throw in Robbie and his contract while you're at it since they are being so generous. Hate to make them feel cheated. 

29 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I absolutely hate our local media. It's like they are pushing for this. Oh wait it'll make there jobs 10xs more exciting watching these two immature goofballs Mayfield and Darnold battle it out for QB and spending almost 40 million between them. What a clown show that would be....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yes last year Baker played with one bad shoulder and produced his worst ratings of his career and STILL beat out Sam.  Now do any other year comparing the two QBs.  Baker is far from elite, but he is way better than Sam who actually plays worse when he has time.  

It was an injury to his non throwing shoulder.  Sam broke his throwing shoulder last year.

You'll see.  If Baker comes here leaving one of the best lines in the league, with one of the best backfields, and surrounded by weapons, and Stefanski, he is not going to play better.

Baker had one decent season.  The rest were bottom 3rd.

Is he better than Sam?  Sure.  So much better that its worth the diva drama?  Fnck no.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1