• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

Martin

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to see Corral. I just don’t see Fitt and Rhule rolling with Darnold or a rookie in what might be their final go-round. 

Neither can afford to. That's why the are going after Mayfield.  It's all part of the process of getting over .500 this season. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, trueblade said:

Corral needs game speed reps against a defense that spent all week preparing for him. The only way that happens if he's the starter. Maybe not week one, but it needs to happen 

That is the best way for him to learn the game and for us to learn about him. He'll have some painfully bad moments. What you're hoping for is to see enough good to know he's your guy going forward and you can put you draft picks and cap into other areas going forward.

Teams already know what Sam and Baker are, might as well see if Corral can be better than them. Better than it remaining a question mark for another year. None of them really know McAdoo's playbook so that's not really an excuse for the "Vets" aside from having a taste of the real speed of the NFL. They've both gotten progressively worse so the experience isn't trending in their favor. 

• Pie 2

"Sit" or "Play". Its the age old question about rookie QBs. IMO its whoever has their sh-t together the most at the end of preseason. If Corral is running the offense as good or better than Sam (or Baker, Colt McCoy, Garden Gnome Minshew, whoev's) then he should start. If he isn't, then the other guy should get the green light. hopefully they will be *honest and smart in their Camp evaluations and play the guy who gives us the best shot to win.

*I know that's a lot to hope for

• Pie 1

On 6/18/2022 at 5:30 PM, bababoey said:

Go and watch the 2010 offense.  It was no where near that bad.

i was thinking about this exact same response 

2010 was fox actively not giving a fug at all

he knew he was fired, he knew where he was going to be working, the whole team knew what was happening, and no one cared. The job of the offense in 2010 was to keep the clock moving and keep the games short. run three times and punt. they weren't trying to do anything

2021 was that bad with the team doing everything they could 

• Pie 5

On 6/18/2022 at 9:39 AM, electro's horse said:

just want to jump in and say the 2021 panthers offensive line might have been the worst one ive ever watched

a worse performance doesn't jump right to mind

Panthers fans are saying Cam doesn't have it anymore because he couldn't do well behind a "..2021 panthers offensive line might have been the worst one ive (or anybody) ever watched.."

Some fans. You would think Cam would get the benefit of the doubt. Nope.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Tha Cam Man said:

Panthers fans are saying Cam doesn't have it anymore because he couldn't do well behind a "..2021 panthers offensive line might have been the worst one ive (or anybody) ever watched.."

He's back 🥱

Edited by frankw

3 hours ago, Tha Cam Man said:

And people think I'm nuts when it comes to Cam.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:41 PM, Michael G said:

"Sit" or "Play". Its the age old question about rookie QBs. IMO its whoever has their sh-t together the most at the end of preseason. If Corral is running the offense as good or better than Sam (or Baker, Colt McCoy, Garden Gnome Minshew, whoev's) then he should start. If he isn't, then the other guy should get the green light. hopefully they will be *honest and smart in their Camp evaluations and play the guy who gives us the best shot to win.

*I know that's a lot to hope for

Well, there is one caveat there. Sam has already looked good/okay in camps before. He has done it here and in NY. What can't be ignored is the 4 straight seasons of that not translating to real games. 

That is honestly why starting Corral makes more sense, even if Sam looks a little better at the time. Sam is a known quantity. He isn't going to be better. Corral might actually get better.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, there is one caveat there. Sam has already looked good/okay in camps before. He has done it here and in NY. What can't be ignored is the 4 straight seasons of that not translating to real games. 

That is honestly why starting Corral makes more sense, even if Sam looks a little better at the time. Sam is a known quantity. He isn't going to be better. Corral might actually get better.

100%. Sam can’t be expected to magically make a leap forward. Playing him means losing 10-12 games.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:53 PM, frankw said:

I mean the nickname. Surely we can fix our guy up with something better than a buffet chain.

Is Corral for sure your “guy”…?

Are you actually constructive on something Rhule & Tepper have done?

Edited by SizzleBuzz