• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They let us get this man in the third round. Don't forget 2020 tape.

thunderraiden

Yeah yeah covid, IDGAF, look at this guy against Bama in 2020 and tell me you don't see traits from the greats.

Remember, he lost most of his best players after 2020, he was the only player on their 2021 squad worth a damn.

The escapability, the pocket presence, the quick twitch throws. Its all on showcase in this game against first rounders and top 5 picks, and we got this guy in the third round. Boys and girls, I sure hope we are drafting Will Anderson next year or leaving the playoffs with a rookie that looked more like Justin Herbert than JaMarcus Russell. 

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Beer 3
  • The D 2
  • Flames 2

Long post:

Moore & #11 have had extremely good chemistry with Corral from everything I've seen. As the universe would work, he coincidentally got drafted by a team whose starting wideouts are named Moore and #11 was Robbie's at the time of the draft. I think he's #3 now (Probably predicting his role on the field behind DJ and Terrace) 

Anyway, Corral played his butt off in that game. I've seen the '21 matchup and walked away thinking "maybe". This one though = starter vibes. I have to give props to his OC and his supporting cast on O also. That defense had to be terrible. 

Kinda crazy when you look at the draft spots we had (basically a 1st, 4th, two 5ths and a 7th) and then you research into the players we drafted. After diving deeper, I've seen that we grabbed 4 players who at some point between the last two seasons were viewed as 1st-2nd round selections. Corral (Proj: late first), Ikem (1st, all the way up to #1 overall iirc), Brandon Smith (Proj: 2nd) and Cade(1st, everywhere from top 15-25). Very solid haul considering that potential. Early kudos to our scouting dept but time will tell the full story.  

I do think Corral will sit for the majority of the year if not his entire rookie season. Then again, I'm pretty sure Darnold has never played an entire season without missing time. So if the inevitable happens again or he struggles mightily, PJ will "probably" get the nod. Think Deonte Brown. 

Side note: A. All that switches if Tepper has Rhule on the hot seat. After that 5 year comment though I think he may be safer than most assume. B. All that switches if Jimmy or Baker are picked up. 

I do have to say Corral reminds me of a blended version of Brees, Mahomes and Baker with Heinickie(??) sprinkled in there. I cant help but to see slight characteristics of all the above at certain points. 

Sometimes I think he could be our version of Russel Wilson and other times I think its entirely possible he becomes our second version of Matt Moore. His development should be interesting to say the least.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

The thing that I like is that Bama had to legitimately give MC's running ability and play fakes respect. The Rebels weren't one dimensional with MC's talent and ability, which in turned help open up the playbook , and that helped them hang so many points on Bama's defense. There's something to be learned here.

41 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Long post:

Moore & #11 have had extremely good chemistry with Corral from everything I've seen. As the universe would work, he coincidentally got drafted by a team whose starting wideouts are named Moore and #11 was Robbie's at the time of the draft. I think he's #3 now (Probably predicting his role on the field behind DJ and Terrace) 

Anyway, Corral played his butt off in that game. I've seen the '21 matchup and walked away thinking "maybe". This one though = starter vibes. I have to give props to his OC and his supporting cast on O also. That defense had to be terrible. 

Kinda crazy when you look at the draft spots we had (basically a 1st, 4th, two 5ths and a 7th) and then you research into the players we drafted. After diving deeper, I've seen that we grabbed 4 players who at some point between the last two seasons were viewed as 1st-2nd round selections. Corral (Proj: late first), Ikem (1st, all the way up to #1 overall iirc), Brandon Smith (Proj: 2nd) and Cade(1st, everywhere from top 15-25). Very solid haul considering that potential. Early kudos to our scouting dept but time will tell the full story.  

I do think Corral will sit for the majority of the year if not his entire rookie season. Then again, I'm pretty sure Darnold has never played an entire season without missing time. So if the inevitable happens again or he struggles mightily, PJ will "probably" get the nod. Think Deonte Brown. 

Side note: A. All that switches if Tepper has Rhule on the hot seat. After that 5 year comment though I think he may be safer than most assume. B. All that switches if Jimmy or Baker are picked up. 

I do have to say Corral reminds me of a blended version of Brees, Mahomes and Baker with Heinickie(??) sprinkled in there. I cant help but to see slight characteristics of all the above at certain points. 

Sometimes I think he could be our version of Russel Wilson and other times I think its entirely possible he becomes our second version of Matt Moore. His development should be interesting to say the least.  

Great stuff...thanks for sharing!! #KeepPounding

51 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

So the tricky thing is I'm pretty sure you can't put Corral on the practice squad or he'll get poached, so if we don't get another QB through trade would they really keep Sam/Corral/and PJ on the 53 man roster? If they put PJ on practice squad Corral would have to dress as game day backup for the majority of games, I think PS guys can only be elevated a few times a year currently. I think Fitt mentioned probably keeping 3 qb's but it's not like anyone is gonna poach PJ if he's delegated to scout QB. It's not like Corrals TD/INT ratio could get much worse than Sam and PJ 

The biggest, absolute thing NFL coaches need from a QB is leadership, ability to stay looking downfield and pocket presence. Those are tough, if not impossible to coach. Just looking at that film shows Corral has those traits. 

I also enjoy his ability to throw people open and not always laser it in to receivers who are only 3 yards down the field unlike Cam had a bad habit of. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The biggest, absolute thing NFL coaches need from a QB is leadership, ability to stay looking downfield and pocket presence. Those are tough, if not impossible to coach. Just looking at that film shows Corral has those traits. 

I also enjoy his ability to throw people open and not always laser it in to receivers who are only 3 yards down the field unlike Cam had a bad habit of. 

Sam was also processing half the speed Corral has shown and compensating by throwing 5-10 yard lasers half a second late. I know some drops were on WR's but there were so many throws last year that were either uncatchable or complete hospital balls 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, RJK said:

I feel bad for this kid. The expectations are crazy and he’s just not physically gifted enough to live up to them. 

6'2" is taller than Brees, Wilson. Aaron Rodgers is 6'2" too.

I think his game is more like Aaron Rodgers, being able to throw a dime on the run.

• Beer 3

I think it should be more about building an offense around this QB you had rated as a day one first rounder, don't blink just because the exact same guy is now in your locker room.

Sam had his chance. THIS player as hard as he's worked to be here deserves his chance, let's see if Sam can be that veteran backup his career trajectory stat wise says he should be.

It's Matt's turn. Sam had his.

• Pie 1