• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

Force Rhule? Rhule declared to everyone he could win with Darnold by trading high draft picks and then signing his option before he even took a snap. If he isn’t ever held accountable for those decisions how long with this Teddy/Sam/Baker circus last? 

Granting Rhule his wish and then having him follow through is force?

Yep

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Force Rhule? Rhule declared to everyone he could win with Darnold by trading high draft picks and then signing his option before he even took a snap. If he isn’t ever held accountable for those decisions how long with this Teddy/Sam/Baker circus last? 

Granting Rhule his wish and then having him follow through is force?

Telling a coach/FO he can’t move on from a mistake when there is such a cheap solution in what we did with Mayfield would be a dumb ass move by the owner. Make the whole team and fans suffer from a stupid mistake vs a 5th and 5 million to help correct it. That is a form of tanking. If you acquire a player and they don’t work out having an overbearing owner demand they still start is a recipe for disaster. It’s just angry fans wanting us to get the top pick to acquire Stroud (aka tanking).

• Pie 1

I did not want this trade.  But if I'd known the price I'd have been all for it as a "why not?" situation.

Seems the ones upset about it are worried about purgatory.  In other words, if it isn't the ideal solution, they'd rather have it be bad enough to get a new coach and better draft pick to use on another rookie QB.

If this doesn't work, I still don't want us to be bad.  I want us to win enough games that next year's Brady/Watson/Wilson thinks: "This team is just a QB away.  I'd be willing to go there."

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Nobody is saying that.   It’s a false narrative from the sunshine club.  We are saying rhule should be forced to deal with his choices he made.   Stop fuging around and throwing poo against the wall.   You gave up a poo ton for Sam now make it work.  You gave up more assets for corral go make it work.  Baker isn’t going to to jack poo on a one year deal.   But I am sure you guys will keep making excuses when this blows up in our face.  

So you want the team to be bad to teach someone a lesson?  Sounds like a good fan.  These aren't children.  Also, I dont understand the fans who are 100% certain that someone doesnt get better at their new job with experience.

14 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

So you want the team to be bad to teach someone a lesson?  Sounds like a good fan.  These aren't children.  Also, I dont understand the fans who are 100% certain that someone doesnt get better at their new job with experience.

The fact that he is referring to fans who liked how cheap this trade was as "the sunshine club" should tell you all you need to know about this person.  

1 hour ago, coffee said:

I did not want this trade.  But if I'd known the price I'd have been all for it as a "why not?" situation.

Seems the ones upset about it are worried about purgatory.  In other words, if it isn't the ideal solution, they'd rather have it be bad enough to get a new coach and better draft pick to use on another rookie QB.

If this doesn't work, I still don't want us to be bad.  I want us to win enough games that next year's Brady/Watson/Wilson thinks: "This team is just a QB away.  I'd be willing to go there."

I love the Panthers, but we dont have the talent on our roster for that. We really need to start nailing our draft picks instead of spending them on has been QBs. 

We have added Chinn since Rhule has been the coach and a bunch of JAGs. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Telling a coach/FO he can’t move on from a mistake when there is such a cheap solution in what we did with Mayfield would be a dumb ass move by the owner. Make the whole team and fans suffer from a stupid mistake vs a 5th and 5 million to help correct it. That is a form of tanking. If you acquire a player and they don’t work out having an overbearing owner demand they still start is a recipe for disaster. It’s just angry fans wanting us to get the top pick to acquire Stroud (aka tanking).

I do agree the price was right. But it’s not one mistake. I feel giving a coach making the wrong moves more ammo at the detriment of the team to be the dumbass move here personally, when the obvious one is to move on from said coach. And the team an fans suffer all the same. It’s not demanding they start, it’s demanding results with the resources given and recognizing it wouldn’t be a bright idea to allow someone to use more to make more mistakes.

Yes the price was low but was Watson’s? I mean let’s be real, Teddy, Sam, Watson…we’re really idiotic moves. We really are just throwing poo against the wall for year 5 now. Is tanking one year REALLY considered making everyone suffer competitively speaking? I say no.

But as I said price was right. I don’t hate the move I just hate we are always looking to make these moves year after year after year.