• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why so much pessimism for Baker.

Alemanders

hepcat makes me laugh bc he's so angry over something Baker did when he was in college ... hell ... even in HS picking a college! Dude was an immature little kid. All he did was say dumb crap ... it's not like he stole a laptop!

rimshot GIF

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Because our fan base are miserable people who are never satisfied and would rather crown a 3rd round pick who has yet to play a snap in the NFL as our savior. Just lol 

No sh*t, its hard to believe fans aren't satisfied with this team. Fugging ungrateful bastards!

13 hours ago, Alemanders said:

What is the genuine dislike for Baker at this point? We got him cheaper than we got Darnold and Teddy by alot, and hes shown to be better than both. His injury is less severe than teddys, and he seems to have a better disposition than Sam. 

img_1_1657217064393.jpg

42 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Try to forget draft position, and compare college tape of Corral vs. Bakers and Sam’s.

I dont watch college football but from a draft grade perspective this is there is lands.

Sam Darnold: 7.10
Baker Mayfield: 6.70
Matt Corral: 6.40

Grade descriptions

6.4-6.49: Will become good starter within two years
6.7-6.9: Year 1 starter
7.0-7.1: Pro bowl talent

I'm not posting this to argue who is better, just that based on college evaluations, Darnold and Baker were significantly better than Corral in college. How that translates to the pros 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Because our fan base are miserable people who are never satisfied and would rather crown a 3rd round pick who has yet to play a snap in the NFL as our savior. Just lol 

we got 2 QBs we know suck and 1 that we don't. Oh no lol let's not hope for playing time for the guy we don't know if he sucks yet lol

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Because what kind of man you are is written in stone as a teenager lmfao. Go jump off a bridge if it hurts you're feelings so bad herpcat.

lol first of all herpcat hahaha! says the guy who still to this day has a username of a qb prospect who will never play for the Panthers that's also spelled incorrectly.

Anyway you talk about the guy like he's grown up but he hasn't changed at all. Mayfield perpetuates the UT hate to this day and cries all the freaking time. He has "weighed in" on doing horns down many times over the last year. He was talking trash about Sam Ehlinger even after he reached the pros. It took Sam's Ehlinger's brother dying for Mayfield to act like a normal human to him. Maybe now Mayfield will be more humbled because Cleveland was so eager to replace him by giving up 3 first round picks for an accused sexual predator with dozens of lawsuits pending who likely WON'T EVEN PLAY THIS SEASON and paid $10m to get rid of him.

Ok let's be excited about that guy. 

Steve Smith said it best. "“He wears his emotions on his sleeve. I do, too. I was an emotional player. But the difference between Baker and I is one, I won the triple crown — I led the league in something besides crying.”

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

hepcat makes me laugh bc he's so angry over something Baker did when he was in college ... hell ... even in HS picking a college! Dude was an immature little kid. All he did was say dumb crap ... it's not like he stole a laptop!

rimshot GIF

OR CRABLEGS

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

I dont watch college football but from a draft grade perspective this is there is lands.

Sam Darnold: 7.10
Baker Mayfield: 6.70
Matt Corral: 6.40

Grade descriptions

6.4-6.49: Will become good starter within two years
6.7-6.9: Year 1 starter
7.0-7.1: Pro bowl talent

I'm not posting this to argue who is better, just that based on college evaluations, Darnold and Baker were significantly better than Corral in college. How that translates to the pros 🤷‍♂️

"They" were so wrong about Sam and Baker, it's hard to believe "they" still have jobs. "They" love Kinny Pickett too don't they.

It's more sad when trash takes like that come from NFL.com

Edited by rippadonn
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

"They" we're so wrong about Sam and Baker, it's hard to believe "they" still have jobs. "They" love Kinny Pickett too don't they.

It's more sad when trash takes like that come from NFL.com

I wouldn't be too hard on them. 

Darnold does have Pro Bowl talent.  Problem is that it takes more than talent alone to be a top-shelf NFL QB.  I don't know if 7.1 is an accurate reflection of his talent or not.

What I do know is his decision making is about a 1.4.  A 1.1 from the Russian judge.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I wouldn't be too hard on them. 

Darnold does have Pro Bowl talent.  Problem is that it takes more than talent alone to be a top-shelf NFL QB.  I don't know if 7.1 is an accurate reflection of his talent or not.

What I do know is his decision making is about a 1.4.  A 1.1 from the Russian judge.

Darnold's problem is between the ears. He has every ounce of physical ability to be a great QB. He's like the anti-Tom Brady. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1