• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are a mess, bad situation, etc.

NAS

Unlike the haters, I hope the Panthers win, and if they do it's going to be hilarious watching all the people here who are constantly negative have to jump ship and be happy they're winning or dig their heels in even more on why it's bad and doesnt mean anything.  If you watch the national media talk for more than 5 minutes you can tell they dont actually know crap about the roster or anything like that.   They are just talking because that's their job, they dont matter.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Unlike the haters, I hope the Panthers win, and if they do it's going to be hilarious watching all the people here who are constantly negative have to jump ship and be happy they're winning or dig their heels in even more on why it's bad and doesnt mean anything.  If you watch the national media talk for more than 5 minutes you can tell they dont actually know crap about the roster or anything like that.   They are just talking because that's their job, they dont matter.

Nobody wants to lose dude Jesus Christ get off your high horse

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

vegas has us at 6 wins

That is probably a good benchmark right now, given all the unknowns.

• IF our 2020 draft class takes a major step forward,
  • IF our OL, who is better on paper, gels on the field,
  • IF CMC stays healthy
  • IF Horn is who we think he is and stays healthy,
  • IF our WRs stop dropping passes
  • IF our defense steps up overall and is not just a minor impediment for opposing offenses
  • IF our DL can hold its own and generate some pass rush
  • IF our front 7 can at least slow down the run
  • IF we get some TE involvement in our offense
  • IF Mayfield is a top 15-ish QB and does not get hurt or Corral is game ready by the time it happens....

then we can win a lot more than 6, IF Rhule does not screw it up.  IF half of those things happen, we could still win more than 6 with the same disclaimer at the end.

I think the Falcons could well be the standard by which all dumpster fires are judged this year.  The Jets are not out of the woods yet, either.  Neither are the Texans. 

• Pie 1

Everything centers around two things:

1. The offensive line - it would appear Fitterer did more than any of his predessecors in Carolina to rectify this situation

2. Christian McCaffrey - The Panthers are a better team with him on the field and the W/L tracker bears that out

If those two factors remain stable for 18 games, the Panthers will be in the Wild Card discussion come Week 18, regardless of if the QB is Darnold, Mayfield, or Corral.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SazmoRanger said:

Lol what? You’re trying to make your case based on Donovan McNabb going to the Redskins in his 12th season at the age of 34? You really don’t think that the Browns would be better if you dropped Mahomes in Cleveland? 

Time will tell and hopefully I get to eat a ton of crow, but I’m not sitting at the table waiting. 

McNabb is just one example. You'll find several others with one guy in common, that being Andy Reid.

And let's just say that if a change of scenery never worked, teams wouldn't still be trying it.

2 hours ago, SazmoRanger said:

That’s exactly my point though. You listed a bunch of sh*t QB rooms. You then proceed to say you need to have a QB 1. Mayfield isn’t A Mahomes or a Stafford. Mayfield is a Winston, Goff. 

In the end, Mayfield isn’t that guy. So I’m dumbfounded as to why we’d bring him in other than Rhule being able to get to 7/8 wins to save his job. 

Bingo.  That's the goal here...save Rhule's job.  Darnold can't do it.  Baker may be a bit better and seems to be the best this team can do.

• Pie 1

Is Sharp's point really the own he is trying to make it out to be? We basically gave up a 2nd and a handful of day 3 draft picks for our entire qb room. Most teams are using top 10 picks or multiple 1sts to find their qb. What does that crap platter of picks equate to? Like pick 30? Mayfield was picked #1, Darnell #3. Justin Fields was 2 1sts and more. Trey Lance was 3 1sts and picked #3. We just made a bunch of relatively low cost moves that won't hamper our ability to move on, pivot and build a complete team if they don't work out. If Corral works out and/or Baker is an above average starter, we'd have gotten a huge bargain. If not we basically used up the equivalent of the Vernon Butler pick and swung out trying.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

A whole lot of other big name QBs were considered "average" at some point in their careers.

Farve sat on the Falcons bench, Brady was drafted #199... there are other examples where QBs overcame an "average" tag and did fairly well.

Will it happen with us?  Probably not.  

But it could.

I'm in the crowd of not excited about Baker or nay other QB we have traded for besides Corral but you have one hell of a point there and that is very true.

25 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Bingo.  That's the goal here...save Rhule's job.  Darnold can't do it.  Baker may be a bit better and seems to be the best this team can do.

Oh that's the only reason this move was made I feel. Unfortunately I am in the crowd where I don't want his job saved and I was hoping to see him gone after this season.