• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The most key addition may be McAdoo.

top dawg

This has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum.

His successes are as glaring as his failures. Also he has thr major red flag of not being able to get employed in the NFL for most of his post-HC career, which is a giant red flag. At least he has legitimate NFL HC/Coordinator experience which no previous Rhule coach has had.

Ultimately, TBD how it works out. I suspect anyone believing he will be some sort of savior is going to be sorely disappointed. That said, I would imagine he is an improvement over what we have had under Rhule.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

This has been discussed ad nauseam in this forum.

His successes are as glaring as his failures. Also he has thr major red flag of not being able to get employed in the NFL for most of his post-HC career, which is a giant red flag. At least he has legitimate NFL HC/Coordinator experience which no previous Rhule coach has had.

Ultimately, TBD how it works out. I suspect anyone believing he will be some sort of savior is going to be sorely disappointed. That said, I would imagine he is an improvement over what we have had under Rhule.

I just wonder what the real reason he couldn’t get another job. Was it truly his merits or was he blackballed for benching Eli

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I just wonder what the real reason he couldn’t get another job. Was it truly his merits or was he blackballed for benching Eli

Teams seem to be preferring the new younger stat driven coaches/assistant coaches when it comes to offense (especially if they ever were within 3 feet of Sean McVay). He seems like a strong personality to take on as an assistant and these younger coaches probably want their own guys. His drop off as a head coach doesn’t help his case either…

• Pie 4

I'm interested to see how he utilizes the TEs in our offense. 

Looking at his history he was a TE coach before he was Aaron Rodger's QB Coach and in his stint with NY his TEs had moderate to good production behind OBJ being the #1 target.

Ian Thomas/Tommy Tremble could very well see 40 receptions this seasons and upwards of 600 yards receiving. 

I am cautiously optimistic.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

He got millions of dollars to do nothing after he got fired (had two years left on his contract).  Maybe he wasn't looking that hard and then decided after that money dwindled to get back into coaching.  

• Pie 4

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

That's true but he is an upgrade from what we've had.  If we could just get rule fired and hire a legitimate head coach.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

He got millions of dollars to do nothing after he got fired (had two years left on his contract).  Maybe he wasn't looking that hard and then decided after that money dwindled to get back into coaching.  

He was interviewing during that time though, it’s not like he went totally off the grid. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

I don't think there is any conspiracy theory. Personality conflicts happen all the time but truly talented and capable people will keep getting hired.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'm interested to see how he utilizes the TEs in our offense. 

Looking at his history he was a TE coach before he was Aaron Rodger's QB Coach and in his stint with NY his TEs had moderate to good production behind OBJ being the #1 target.

Ian Thomas/Tommy Tremble could very well see 40 receptions this seasons and upwards of 600 yards receiving. 

I am cautiously optimistic.

I think one of the most interesting things to watch is the offense we run. Rhule keeps talking about having a run first identity as a team but that is not the offense that he has actually run. 

There seems to be a pretty big disconnect between what Rhule claims to want to be doing offensively and what we actually do on Sundays. 

• Pie 3