• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield doesn't have a "top 64 arm"?

Zod

OK say what you want, but Baker is a warrior, decent passer and 6-1 against the Bengals and Joe Burrow.

I cannot believe that Panther people dis this guy without giving a chance...he will make your team better. I WAS once a Browns fan until they went to a QB that has a lot of legal issues....just not right.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Sounds like he drew the short straw and had to come up with a new way to bash Baker.

Dude is our QB now. 

Arm strength certainly hasn't been his problem. I think coaching and team karma has been his problem.

I hope it works out here and he just makes everyone sit up and take notice.

I want to see him earn back all of that incentive money and really make a point of his opportunity here.

And I want him to start it off against Cleveland in week one.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Soonerman said:

In college he ruled as a roll out...so let him roll out or hand off..simple...but get off his back please. He's as good as most.

QB school actually did a video on Baker about this. He was one of the best in the league on the rolllout and was able to torch the defenses when he had to only work with half of the field. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, tony lett said:

Absolutely false....I'm a Browns fan...not a Baker fan, glad he is gone. However, he has generational arm talent...an absolute cannon.

Why u glad he's gone?  Didn't he open the coolers after a 2 year dry spell, entering the game down 14 points?

I think the Browns just exchanged childish problems for adult ones.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Soonerman said:

i THOUGHT Panther people were better than Cleveland...guess not...please, give Baker a chance before writing him off...the idiots in Cleveland made him strictly a pocket passer last year and he failed, on top of having an injured left shoulder.

In college he ruled as a roll out...so let him roll out or hand off..simple...but get off his back please. He's as good as most.

Ignore mr completely, he's  grumpy atm.

Edited by poundaway

Everyone talks about Baker's ability to process or his football knowledge as a significant limitation and it doesn't have to be. It does mean that McAdoo needs to tailor our offense to what will help all three of our quarterbacks. Use half field reads to simplify the offense  and gets the ball out quicker. Manipulate the offense presnap to get favorable matchups. Use the quick pass as a handoff to McCaffrey and don't run him up the middle. Use play action to set up the deeper passes and get the ball downfield so they can't stack the box  to stop the run. Throw more on first down instead of run-run-pass every series. Use the no huddle when Mayfield is feeling it as he can get on a roll. Use our tight ends to actually catch the ball and block downfield. But the point is that you don't compare Baker to a standard, you simply tailor the offense to help simplify things. As they progress you add more. How many years has Baker been in the same offense. If you think about it, he is a work in progress. I am interested in seeing if he is finally paying attention to the playbook as this is a contract year.