• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David ‘Pull Out’ Tepper….

TheBigKat

Sounds like someone didn't do any research on the history of this property and the city's involvement. 

Tepper should do a better job of finding out what he's getting into before he involves himself in dealings with local and state governments.  

• Pie 7

8 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Exactly.  My point remains.  He gave a show to basically an empty stadium and here you are glorifying his ass.  Maybe next time he should let women and children inside the stadium and away from thunder and lightning instead of making 50,000 fans stay outside.  Then they begun announcing stuff before they begun letting people in so there was almost a stampede with people rushing in.  The whole thing was operationally fuged.

I don't know, but I wouldn't think he would be in charge of things like that.

• Beer 2

I don't recall TSE being the party to default or extend its timetable out YEARS from the original deadline in either the Fort Mill or Eastland projects. 

It would be great if Tepper, because he's one of the wealthiest SOBs on the planet, would just fund these projects out of his own pockets, and out of the goodness of his heart, but we should all know by now that's not how things work. 

Just now, Panther'sBigD said:

I don't recall TSE being the party to default or extend its timetable out YEARS from the original deadline in either the Fort Mill or Eastland projects. 

It would be great if Tepper, because he's one of the wealthiest SOBs on the planet, would just fund these projects out of his own pockets, and out of the goodness of his heart, but we should all know by now that's not how things work. 

Not when he can get billions from the city.  What possible motivation would make him pay for it himself when he knows the city will cave eventually

12 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Heck, I remember hanging out at Eastland mall as a kid.  I practically grew up in that mall arcade in my pre-teen/early teen years.  When Eastland went down hill, it went down hill FAST.

Mindboggle. I was there almost daily. I don't know how many rolls of quarters I wasted on Streetfighter II

• Beer 1