• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

20 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

in the unlikely case you can't decide between two players, i'd really hope they would just have it decided by a foot race or three cone. giving it to the guy that puts his pads on and his shoes faster is just asinine to me.

You’d be in the minority here. If 2 players on field performance is the same, the coach is going to 9/10 times go with the one that shows more initiative, heart, guts, all that stuff. That stuff matters way way more than a fraction of a tenth second forty time 

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You’re acting like this formula is used for every player… if Spencer Brown and John Lovett are neck and neck for a spot and the coaching staff is split then it’s probably more beneficial to Brown that he’s out early every day, high energy, and getting warmed up before his completion.

You are acting like we’d keep Uncle Rico over Corral because Uncle Rico showed up earlier. That’s not case at all and I’ve said multiple times that if all other things are considered equal. It’s not my fault you are having issues understanding the premise.

At the end of the day Brown is only going to help himself by being early.

What is silly is telling Brown and Lovett to go run the 40 to decide who makes the team.

you're telling me a guy that arrives 15min early to practice must have more heart and drive than a guy that arrives 10min early to practice? gtfo.

please try explaining to the player that's 10min early everyday.

• Poo 4

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

You’d be in the minority here. If 2 players on field performance is the same, the coach is going to 9/10 times go with the one that shows more initiative, heart, guts, all that stuff. That stuff matters way way more than a fraction of a tenth second forty time 

arriving a few minutes earlier than the next guy is by no means whatsoever an indicator for initiative, heart, GUTS, and all that stuff. im sorry but it's nonsense.

there are an infinite number of rational and logical ways to make this decision over the quest of being the earliest earlies.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, dxpanther said:

you're telling me a guy that arrives 15min early to practice must have more heart and drive than a guy that arrives 10min early to practice? gtfo.

please try explaining to the player that's 10min early everyday.

It’s over your head… all you can see is that player arriving early, you haven’t the slightest clue about what else he is doing to set himself apart but at the end of the day if I can point to more things that he does that shows initiative then he’s set himself up better than his competition who is on equal grounds but shows no initiative whatsoever.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Just now, dxpanther said:

arriving a few minutes earlier than the next guy is by no means whatsoever an indicator for initiative, heart, GUTS, and all that stuff. im sorry but it's nonsense.

there are an infinite number of rational and logical ways to make this decision over the quest of being the earliest earlies.

You’re completely missing the point and harping on one thing. First on the field is just one of a thousand things a player can do to show coaches how committed and driven they are. Film study, Weight room, off season throwing sessions. Those things matter and all things being equal can play a part in the decision. 

forrest for the trees 

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

Panther momentum...which QB will suck the least gets the job

Corral then.  Because thanks to Rhule’s battle of meh QBs despite the better one being clear…Corral isn’t going to get reps. 

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Based off of a total of like 30 throws the first practice and a half?  Seriously?

Well yeah our two "competing" vets have both been amongst the leaders in interceptions. Yes some of it will translate to the real games. We just hope Baker will have more good than bad. I'm not turning into a drooling homer about that just because he has on Panthers colors now.

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

Guess Corral isn’t getting any action

Nope.  This QB battle is counter productive.  Baker is the best QB on the roster and Sam is essentially taking reps Baker and Corral should be splitting. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1