• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Panthers Camp Updates

Zod

11 hours ago, dxpanther said:

arriving a few minutes earlier than the next guy is by no means whatsoever an indicator for initiative, heart, GUTS, and all that stuff. im sorry but it's nonsense.

there are an infinite number of rational and logical ways to make this decision over the quest of being the earliest earlies.

It's actually the ones who stay late that are the grinders. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

So you're blaming the oline and not Baker? Then why did they have to pay to ship Baker away and give a predator who will be suspended for a year the most guaranteed money of all time? They were healthy over half the season... Baker blamed the Oline and the coaching staff, front office and players were like uhhhhh you are a fool ship him out of here and we will pay a team to do it. Why were we the only team interested in Baker? Answer any of those questions, I dare you. End of argument right here.

Are you schizophrenic?

11 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Yes, they had some injuries on the oline that hurt them a bit, but "pressure" can mean and be caused by several different things including the QB/play calling, etc. The entire back up Browns Oline was better than ours last year. 

You are making great points. Don't get frustrated. Some people are so in love with the Baker Mayfield persona they'll have to see him fail for themselves to finally get it.

They banned me because I was against the Teddy Bridgewater move, I was correct, it couldn't/wouldn't work out. Sam, same thing.

People that have been paying attention to the Baker Mayfield story saw the team they painstakingly put around him and they soon determined he was the weak link.

Nothing wrong with that, just don't overvalue the guy as if he's some super starter, and it'll be what it is. The unrealistic expectations that Baker is a savior is much more rampant around here than it should be. 

We haven't seen good football around here for so long they just don't know what a good QB is.

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

You are making great points. Don't get frustrated. Some people are so in love with the Baker Mayfield persona they'll have to see him fail for themselves to finally get it.

They banned me because I was against the Teddy Bridgewater move, I was correct, it couldn't/wouldn't work out. Sam, same thing.

People that have been paying attention to the Baker Mayfield story saw the team they painstakingly put around him and they soon determined he was the weak link.

Nothing wrong with that, just don't overvalue the guy as if he's some super starter, and it'll be what it is. The unrealistic expectations that Baker is a savior is much more rampant around here than it should be. 

We haven't seen good football around here for so long they just don't know what a good QB is.

Yes don’t overvalue a player…. You would never do that. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yes don’t overvalue a player…. You would never do that. 

Saying Matt Corral is probably a better option at QB going forward is not overvaluing.

We're better off the faster Corral starts, you know it, I know it, he knows it. By any means necessary.

Baker better watch his back.

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The difference is that Sam and Teddy were never very good, just the potential to be good. A healthy Baker Mayfield was a top 15 NFL QB and singlehandedly brought the Browns from absolute garbage to almost beating the chiefs in the playoffs. 

Mayfield is good, potentially very good. His hurt year doesn't count. And we got him for nothing.  What you're not calculating is how damn incompetent the Browns are. They shipped him away not because he was the week link or they thought he was bad. They shipped him off because they're the browns and they didn't like that they were no longer having 1 win seasons. Before Mayfield go back and see when was the last time the Browns had a solid QB, or a winning season. 

On 7/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Moore slipped and didn't recover in time to be in a good position for the catch...

Nice recovery to stay on his feet and get a hand on the ball though. In some situations like that it could be the difference between an incompletion and an interception.

On 7/28/2022 at 10:41 PM, ForJimmy said:

The data shows Baker was pressured more often with less pocket time last year. The Browns had several starters out throughout the year so yes before the season started they were ranked in the top 10 based on talent and history. However that doesn’t matter because that unit was changing throughout the season with injuries and @poundawayis giving you the data that shows Baker’s OL wasn’t that great though out the actual season at pass protection. Both Darnold and Baker had bad pass protecting OLs last season and Baker STILL played better than Sam with one shoulder and a bad planting foot.
Saying a QB that took the Browns to the playoffs, beat the Steelers while posting a QBR in the top 10 in 2020 is BARELY better than Sam is the only fake news I see here. Baker can be solid and has shown he is a capable starting QB. Sam should never start for a NFL team again. 

LOL guess we can watch and see. No one wanted Baker in the entire NFL besides us and had to pay to get rid of him. I know you guys are trying your best to talk yourselves into Baker like I am sure you did for Sam last year. Most NFL analyst believe Sam will win the job. They are both awful and lol what QB did he beat and the Steelers were decimated. I would've taken the Browns Oline over any oline in the league outside maybe Rams and Lions.