• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive line

Stuart Smith

4 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

This may be the first year in a long time the offensive line may not as big as a concern as the defensive line. Is it just me or is the defensive line (especially the interior) a concern to anyone else?

It sucked last year and we lost Reddick so it will likely suck this year too unless Brown and YGM steps up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Michael G said:

We are small. No big dominant tackles. Small ends. So yes I'm a little concerned.

Rhule and Snow seem to prefer speed over power on defense.

I've got a bad feeling that's going to come back to bite em this year even worse than it did last.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s the softest front 7 I’ve seen here since I became a fan in 2000. Weird not having the DL or LBs be the backbone of this franchise 

I re-watched SB50 for the first time last night, against my better judgement. Thanks @Mr. Scot!!

THAT was a front 7! Star and KK in their prime, CJ and Jared Allen hell bent on getting a ring, Luke, TD and rookie Shaq wreaking havoc. It was a beautiful thing to behold.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

3 hours ago, RJK said:

It’s the softest front 7 I’ve seen here since I became a fan in 2000. Weird not having the DL or LBs be the backbone of this franchise 

Completely agree. We've pretty much had a strong and tough front 7 through our team's entire history (with a few outliers) up until Rhule became coach. It's disgusting to me not having a strong front 7 but I also recognize that in this current environment in this sport, the secondary is more important than the front 7. We will need a respectable front 7 which I'm not sure we have right now, but the secondary is looking elite and I'd rather have that and a weaker front 7 in this passing league than a strong front 7 and a weak secondary.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Just like last year, we’ll do well against the pass heavy teams. The run first teams will kill us with their jumbo packages.

So the Browns week 1 obviously. We know that's what they'll do especially with a backup QB, and won't be able to stop it

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. I know this is the DL thread but That image made me think of Deonte at the Senior Bowl. The DL were running around him untouched.

It works both ways lol. I need to use this one more often. It's too fun lol

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, t96 said:

Completely agree. We've pretty much had a strong and tough front 7 through our team's entire history (with a few outliers) up until Rhule became coach. It's disgusting to me not having a strong front 7 but I also recognize that in this current environment in this sport, the secondary is more important than the front 7. We will need a respectable front 7 which I'm not sure we have right now, but the secondary is looking elite and I'd rather have that and a weaker front 7 in this passing league than a strong front 7 and a weak secondary.

Can't disagree that it has continued downhill under Rhule's reign, but the fall began when RR decided he would run a 3-4 D. And failed miserably with that plan.

It all starts with 2 big nasties at DT to suck up blocks. Brown has underperformed so far, but he hasn't had a lot of help in there.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So the Browns week 1 obviously. We know that's what they'll do especially with a backup QB, and won't be able to stop it

Yep, they currently have the #1 ranked unit. Should be a mauling.

• Beer 1