• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we getting Watson week 1?

Amos Moses

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Zeke got to play after he sued the NFL, Adrian Peterson didn't get to play because he lost his appeal while waiting for his domestic court date. Could go either way depending on the federal judge

I think the chances of Watson starting week 1 are about 0%.

The way I understand it, the appeal either eliminates, decreases, or increases the initial decision.  The NFL will not eliminate or decrease the decision. The suspension will be 6 games at a minimum, and a year (I am guessing) as a maximum.

Secondly, there could still be complaints pending.  This is not the publicity you advise your client to endure.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I think the chances of Watson starting week 1 are about 0%.

The way I understand it, the appeal either eliminates, decreases, or increases the initial decision.  The NFL will not eliminate or decrease the decision. The suspension will be 6 games at a minimum, and a year (I am guessing) as a maximum.

Right the appeal will increase the suspension, but then Watson/NFLPA will sue Goodell in federal court and then a real judge will decide whether he can play or not before his court date.

...been a browns fan since 70s...Cle is ripe for a badass loss in this one...saw it sooo many times... Plus Mayfield knows their defense...so I don't care if the perv starts or not...they always find a way to lose...

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, t96 said:

No, zero chance. NFL is trying to make the suspension longer. Watson wasn't fighting 6 games. NFL may not get their wish of more than 6 games but it's not going to backfire so far as him playing week 1.

His suspension won't be settled until after the season starts so he will, in effect, have an injunction on serving any suspension jntil that's settled.

Overall, I don't care and I don't think it matters. I think the Panthers win this game. 

As an aside, I'm so very glad Watson didn't end up here. The more I read about his situation the more uncomfortable I get. Add in the media circus that will follow and you've got a recipe for distraction. There is also no way he can lead a locker room of grown men if he is guilty of what is alleged. Real men do not support other men who sexually harass women in the manner that Watson appears to have done. He should be suspended for a year with some serious stipulations. At this point, it's serial and likely an addiction for him. I'm sure there are others out there that never came forward as well who may have given in to his advances.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

When the OP isn't bright enough to realize the appeal is to make the suspension LONGER lol.

The NFLPA accepted 6 games, if Goodell extends it to a year or whatever they will sue and a federal judge will determine if he can play or not until the court case is finished. Watson has to decide if he wants to sue and play until the court decision and prolong the suspension or just suck it up and sit. Look at the Zeke case, he got 6 games, sued, played til week 10 and then had to sit the next 6 after the court decision. Goodell might put him on the exempt list and Watson can sue again to play until the court date depending on how the Browns want to handle it