• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corrall

NAS

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He had no WR's, no TE, and No line.  He has been given nearly zero reps in practice.  Not fair to him--but I was hoping for better.

I wonder if any of the 3rd-4th guys got any reps …. After the score after halftime, our whole team acted like they didn’t know the plays on offense and defense 

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Not the start he wanted, completely lacked composure today.  He should have been allowed to play behind a better offensive line.  He was rattled early and never recovered.  

You know what you have with PJ yet they insist on giving him bulk of the quality reps. 

His first NFL game experience.  I'm not worried.

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Draft reports

"Matt Corral will need time to learn the NFL and an NFL Offense"

*Makes Matt Corral learn and take his time*

He's treating Corral more like a college freshman than a rookie NFL player, while at the same time seeming to act as if he's got all the time me in the world to develop him.

My biggest beef is still that reps which have been devoted to an unnecessary "competition" and to a quarterback we're not going to keep could have been used to help Corral adjust and learn.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, QCpanther said:

Did anyone else find it interesting that in Corrals post game interview that he mentioned specifically that he thought about “what Bake would do” when he was in the game….interesting that he specifically said Baker and not Darnold…

Darnold is a proven abject failure in the NFL. It seems like the only person who hasn't accepted this reality is Matt Rhule.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I think reps will change significantly over the next week. Bad first game, but it isn't the end of the world, there have been plenty of guys that had rough debuts that ended up being pretty good. Regardless, I think the Bake show will give him plenty of time to get there.

24 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Draft reports

"Matt Corral will need time to learn the NFL and an NFL Offense"

*Makes Matt Corral learn and take his time*

Surprised Meme GIF

That was the case for all the QBs though.  Not unique to Corral.  The other 3rd rounders are 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart and getting experience that allows growth.  

Corral is 4th.  The other teams aren’t carrying 4 QBs because you can’t give 4 work. 

the problem is we have Sam and PJ on the roster.   Sure seems like Rhule values giving PJ a tryout for other teams over letting Corral having the reps he should be getting in camp. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

That was the case for all the QBs though.  Not unique to Corral.  The other 3rd rounders are 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart and getting experience that allows growth.  

Corral is 4th.  The other teams aren’t carrying 4 QBs because you can’t give 4 work. 

the problem is we have Sam and PJ on the roster.   Sure seems like Rhule values giving PJ a tryout for other teams over letting Corral having the reps he should be getting in camp. 

Generally speaking, a fourth quarterback is a camp body that you only have in camp to spread the load around so that the first few you're actually concentrating on don't get tired.

• Pie 1