• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Best & Worst of the Washington game

top dawg

19 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We’ll see. His bad play that got Baker hit hard was magnified because he didn’t play many snaps.

Corbett took an exxtremely bad angle against his man. Almost like he was trying to get a jump on a move he thought was coming his way. Let's hope thats the last time we see that. 

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like seeing that play design. The narrator is 100% right, nothing was done to move that safety out of the play. I remember watching the replay because the normal speed made it look like RA had no chance but the replay from the end zone showed him catching it before the safety “loosened” his grip on the ball. If one of the two WRs on the left goes downfield, that Safety doesn’t have a chance.

That's JT O'Sullivan on the analysis.  He's generally pretty good in his analysis.  His QB School channel on Youtube has 150k subscribers.

And yea, if one of the WR's on the opposite side ran a corner or something to hold that safety, it would have been wide open.

6 hours ago, NYPantherFan said:

I don't remember Corbett looking bad at all. Unlike Jordan who was getting pushed around pretty bad.

Im surprised Thomas-Oliver III is that high. I honestly thought he would be cut in the first group after that game. He got burnt a few times and had a big holding call that was credited to Westry by mistake.

I actually made a note that Dawson, the UNC Pembroke guy, played better than STO. And that's without taking Dawson's interception into consideration.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Hard to imagine that Corbett played worse than Jordan.

Yeah, this is why I was pretty skeptical of the people that were pushing the "nearly elite" OL narrative. 

It's pretty rare that you go from a bottom 5 unit to an "elite" unit in one offseason. 

At the bare minimum, our depth looks to be very poor quality. 

If we can get 1-2 of the additions to pan out, it's a step in the right direction, at least. It is going to take continued investment in that unit to turn that into a strength.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, this is why I was pretty skeptical of the people that were pushing the "nearly elite" OL narrative. 

It's pretty rare that you go from a bottom 5 unit to an "elite" unit in one offseason. 

If we can get 1-2 of the additions to pan out, it's a step in the right direction, at least. It is going to take continued investment in that unit to turn that into a strength.

We SHOULD have 4 new starters lining up with Moton, 3 of which weren't on the team last year, so there's bound to be a few growing pains. Especially since we can't seem to agree on 5 starters.

BTW, the correct answer is: Icky, BC, Bozeman, Corbett, Moton.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, d-dave said:

C'mon, it's preseason!  How many teams look like the best practice teams then get shanked in the regular season?

If we get handled once we start game planning, then I think we can start the panic.  Right now, I'm not stressing.  Certainly, we know that Jordan is not a good guard at all, but I don't make that choice.  That's on Rhule, and if we have a poop year, then he's gone, and we get to start all over again.

I just don't think the preseason is a time to get all worked up over PFF scores.  Now if it comes out that we look like wimps in the joint practices, then that's something else ENTIRELY.

Yea everyone is chomping at the bit for football which is understandable and a lot of people feel negatively about the team because of the coaching staff so it is manifesting with a big negative leaning but long story short it's a bunch of fans overreacting with first preseason game hot takes.  That's what we do.

I’m gonna call bull on some of the offensive line grades. Corbett was pretty good outside of the one play he got Baker killed, which completely tanked his grade for some reason. Meanwhile Michael Jordan was out there getting wrecked against their backups as well as their starters. He should be fighting for a roster spot, no idea how he’s starting still. Him and Elflein are clearly terrible and are significant downgrades over the guys on our bench that were presumably brought in to start (Icky, Bozeman).

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

It will take a while for them to all gel as well and that's assuming Rhule doesn't keep shuffling them.  Icky, BC, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton is a pretty talented OL Erving and Elf are overpriced backups but have been serviceable backups in the past (especially Erving).  Mays should provide additional depth a the guard spots if needed and maybe he can develop into a starter, Brown is simply depth as well.  It's as decent as a lineup as we have had in a while.  We just need to draft a big school OL in the 5th/6th round of every draft (especially is Mays plays as well as he has looked so far).