• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

4 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I won't, but I wouldn't mind them cutting pj, I don't see a way they don't run with 3 though.  I stand by that the coaching staff wanted a way to not have to keep corral on the active roster, they did not want him taking up a roster spot and the injury was the excuse needed.

There already reports saying the 3 Qb plan might change with Corral injury.. PJ is gone Especially after last night and that's why he look so depressed in his interview..

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It’s not like we would have the worse qb situation in the nfl. Baker at 1 and Sam at 2, isn’t a horrible position to be in.

Upgrade compared to the last two years.

Baker at 1 is okay but Sam Darnold is not a better QB than PJ Walker. Both stink even as backups.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That is true, but neither you nor I are on this staff.  Our concerns are a little longer term.  And it will be their problem if they survive this year.

Long term is a win win for me..

Baker does good we have a winning season and I get to enjoy watching football again..

Or 

Baker sucks Rhule gets fired and we get Either Stroud,Levi's, Richarson or Young,...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

There already reports saying the 3 Qb plan might change with Corral injury.. PJ is gone Especially after last night and that's why he look so depressed in his interview..

Well, to keep Corral, even on IR, he has to be on the final 53.  So my guess is that it will be Corral, Darnold and Mayfield, with PJ on the practice squad (if he can be on the PS).  And then Corral goes to IR, and PJ gets called up if needed.

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, to keep Corral, even on IR, he has to be on the final 53.  So my guess is that it will be Corral, Darnold and Mayfield, with PJ on the practice squad (if he can be on the PS).  And then Corral goes to IR, and PJ gets called up if needed.

You could keep PJ on the PS all year and only call him up in a emergency... Ain't nobody picking him up and keeping him on their active roster..

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Absolutely nothing that has happened so far has shown Rhule's handling of anything is correct.

He wasn't ready, that was clear.  He needed more time to sit back and learn.  Even though this was more of a fluke injury, injuries were also a concern and more time in the weight room and to know the playbook were obviously needed.  He wasnt the great qb immediately that some fans had delusionally hoped he would be.  No coaching from any coach would have changed that in a couple weeks.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Long term is a win win for me..

Baker does good we have a winning season and I get to enjoy watching football again..

Or 

Baker sucks Rhule gets fired and we get Either Stroud,Levi's, Richarson or Young,...

It does come down to that. 

The worst that happens with Mayfield is not that he sucks this season (the Rhule demise offsets that), but his "good even years, not so good in odd ones" continues and we get Rhule for another year or more as we go up and down like yoyos.

FWIW, I think Mayfield's down 2021 was more a product of injuries than anything.  Seems like Stefanski used Rivera's philosophy of "rub some dirt on it and get back in there."  Not saying he would not have had a down year by comparison to his 2020, but not as much down.

I was not an advocate of trading for him, but was okay with what we gave up and paid for him.  But it beats another season of Darnold and PJ, even if they are on the depth chart under him.