• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers shopping TMJ?

NAS

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

No clue if that source has any legitimacy whatsoever but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to find out that it's true. Since being the training camp all-star as a rookie, TMJ hasn't been heard from since.

He was making plays earlier this training camp before getting injured. 

8 hours ago, 4Corners said:

If TMJ makes the team, and I’m sure he will, it’s not because of anything he has done in a game or on the field. Cutting a 2nd rounder after one season makes the person who drafted him look like a complete moron. 

Welp...so be it. It wasnt exactly a smart pick at the time anyway. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

8 hours ago, CRA said:

Yeah, Rhule had to shelf him last year to get that big gait issue fixed he had last year.   The one only Rhule can see. Because that was apparently an issue per Matt Rhule.   That was around the time Rhule was talking about BC’s tiny TRex arms.  

Now he is apparently working on Baker’s mechanics and footwork

so far Rhule has had one rookie really pan out to date.  Chinn.  And he moved him after his breakout rookie year. 

Never doubt Matt Rhule

Good comeback.

People act like it's all or nothing with Rhule--like he's beyond reproach--like the decisions that he makes have no repercussions or consequences in the moment, much less long term. That's hilarious. And I'm not a Rhule hater. I've consistently said that it's fair to give him a third year. 

One thing about it: NFL teams will be infinitely more interested in TMJ as a prospective WR than Matt Rhule as a prospective coach.

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So far last years draft isnt looking so good. Even horn has to stay healthy for that not to look like a complete failure. All that excitement over those trades...you think things changed but they are staying the same. 

Yep. Fitterer is definitely better than Hurney in FA but drafting not so much. 

15 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Yep. Fitterer is definitely better than Hurney in FA but drafting not so much. 

I think the jury is still out. Two quality starters in a draft is actually good (not to mention that I suspect that a couple of players might be doing better had they went somewhere else). 

Was really excited about the pick, but there were injury concerns prior and he was most certainly a Joe Brady guy. If he can't get on the field and the Panthers are getting some competitive trade offers for him, let Fitterer do his thing.

I'd rather see what he can do on the field (and if he can stay on it). This will be a big season for him to show his value.

• Pie 2