• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Week 3 other games

Panthercougar68

Howell still looks like Howell. Still running. Still dropping dimes. Does not look like a rookie. Still making chicken salad out of chicken poo. But damn, do the Commanders serve up some chicken poo. They look terrible and terribly undisciplined to boot.

24/35 for 280 and 1 TD, 8 carries for 62 yards

Everyone knows I'm a huge Howell fan but I'm honestly surprised how well his athleticism is translating. I really didn't know how his running would translate in the NFL. Well, it looks just like it did at UNC. Really strong and hard to tackle and sneaky fast once he's in the clear.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Howell still looks like Howell. Still running. Still dropping dimes. Does not look like a rookie. Still making chicken salad out of chicken poo. But damn, do the Commanders serve up some chicken poo. They look terrible and terribly undisciplined to boot.

24/35 for 280 and 1 TD, 8 carries for 62 yards

Everyone knows I'm a huge Howell fan but I'm honestly surprised how well his athleticism is translating. I really didn't know how his running would translate in the NFL. Well, it looks just like it did at UNC. Really strong and hard to tackle and sneaky fast once he's in the clear.

It’s criminal and fire worthy that fitt didn’t snag him up in the 5th.   

10 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I was told willis was to slow to run in the NFL... and to raw to much of a project.. Couldn't throw.. 

The speed may have been disproven, it remains to be seen if he can throw and he's definitely still a project..... He's still a backup unless Tannehill gets hurt...  I'd say in a redraft he's up to about a 2nd rounder... But not the 6th overall you wanted him at.

• Poo 1

16 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Willis with a real nice half…

12/16 - 88 yards - 1 TD

4 carries - 79 yards

167 total yards

Those are pretty good numbers but Willis is no where near ready to run an offense.  Too often he is looking to run.  I've been able to see him in his preseason games thanks to AFN and he'r a runner first. Too many times he is looking to run.

I think Ridder is looking the best out of the rookies.  Fortunately for him he was given plenty of Reps and it shows.  Our rookie was given the opposite. 

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Those are pretty good numbers but Willis is no where near ready to run an offense.  Too often he is looking to run.  I've been able to see him in his preseason games thanks to AFN and he'r a runner first. Too many times he is looking to run.

I think Ridder is looking the best out of the rookies.  Fortunately for him he was given plenty of Reps and it shows.  Our rookie was given the opposite. 

He’s for sure looking to run but I think a lot of it has to do with the OL. Specifically yesterday, the Cardinals were feasting in the backfield. The difference is that Willis is used to that kind of pressure and can escape it. Stat wise, Liberty’s OL was the second worst OL in college football last year.

He’s also drastically improved in just three weeks of game action.