• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: best & worst vs Bills

top dawg

Burris, Deonte Brown might struggle to get a spot.  I was a bit disappointed by Cade Mays, but--very much like BC--they are playing him at one position one week, another the following week.  That has to be confusing. I am of the mindset that you develop a player at one position and then you expose him to another.  But I am no Matt Rhule.

It does seem as though the OL depth is becoming clear---Mays, Jordan, Elf (he is not starting over Bozeman) and maybe Erving---but I am not sure I would keep Erving.   He reminds me of the Marty Hurney method of self promotion---overpay an average player in hopes that plays up to the contract.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Burris, Deonte Brown might struggle to get a spot.  I was a bit disappointed by Cade Mays, but--very much like BC--they are playing him at one position one week, another the following week.  That has to be confusing. I am of the mindset that you develop a player at one position and then you expose him to another.  But I am no Matt Rhule.

It does seem as though the OL depth is becoming clear---Mays, Jordan, Elf (he is not starting over Bozeman) and maybe Erving---but I am not sure I would keep Erving.   He reminds me of the Marty Hurney method of self promotion---overpay an average player in hopes that plays up to the contract.

The only thing that's going to get rid of Erving is the Rhule Curse [Does anyone need explanation?], but Irving seems like he's immune to it. Rhule genuinely seems to value Erving as a lineman. "He's so athletic! He can play any position..."

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

The only thing that's going to get rid of Erving is the Rhule Curse [Does anyone need explanation?], but Irving seems like he's immune to it. Rhule genuinely seems to value Erving as a lineman. "He's so athletic! He can play any position..."

I will never understand the infatuation Rhule had or has with him. It defies all logic and reasoning.

5 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

"-Poor Sam"

This was my thought exactly when I saw the scores. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB drafted that high try hard but still suck. Unlike most high drafted busts it’s not laziness or injury that killed his career, he just doesn’t have the intangibles you want in a QB much less as a team leader. He’s basically the living form of “Bad Luck Brian”.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Just now, Riverboat Ron said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB drafted that high try hard but still suck. Unlike most high drafted busts it’s not laziness or injury that killed his career, he just doesn’t have the intangibles you want in a QB much less as a team leader. He’s basically the living form of “Bad Luck Brian”.

He is so ill-suited to being an NFL QB that you wonder how anyone scouted him and didn't pick up on it?

It's wild.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1