• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m not sold on Fitt. We’ve made so many bad decisions. Our list of mistakes is way bigger than successes and unless you want to say everything bad = Rhule and everything good = Fitt overriding Rhule.

Well remember Rhule is the real GM. We won't know what kind of GM Fitterer is without any reigns on him until he is out from under Rhule.

I do think the trade happy "in on every deal" thing is Fitterer. Which, admittedly has been a mixed bag.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I believe Fitterer is a legit GM. He, Dan Morgan and the rest of the FO is firming a good nucleus for the future. The jury is still out on Rhule. I’m hoping this past offseason of coaching changes and FA acquisitions are indications of an upward trend on the field.

The jury is not out on Rhule.

• Flames 1

I hope we have success with him for the foreseeable future but it’s just so hard to accept that it means Rhule stays in the picture. He’s just so out of his depth and it will be true even if we do well. Coach & QB means everything. I’d love for this version of the team to surprise. The NFC is wide open if Stafford’s injuries linger and TB can’t sustain.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think Rhule should be blamed for everything. The 3rd round QB instead of looking to 2023 is straight out of Seattle’s playbook. The not spending draft resources on OL until forced to is straight out of Seattle’s playbook. The strong secondary/use resources is straight out of Seattle’s playbook. The Rhule is the mastermind is an easy excuse IMHO to make fans f think we have 1 problem to solve and then healthy Cam will magically reappear and we’ll win back to back SBs for our first back to back winning seasons.

I don't consider it an excuse it's more of a lack of information and also just a hierarchy of blame. Rhule is at the top so he should get the bulk of the blame. We can speculate on what percentage of what move is assigned to who but the reality is that we don't know.

What I do know is that Rhule is leading this organization after Tepper, so the bulk of the overall blame is rightfully his.

If Cam Newton didn't want to come back to this "situation" when the door was publicly open for him to do so shouldn't that say something? He wouldn't even do it again for the money. Why? Ever asked yourself why? Maybe you already know why and you choose to wear the blue sunglasses and ignore it.

Maybe this "situation" isn't good for Baker either. Ever thought of that? The "situation" was terrible for Teddy/Sam/Cam/Corral and the situation hasn't changed, it's still doing damage.

Needless to say, until the "situation" isn't in charge I can't see any changes happen physically or energetically.

The "situations" plan is already crumbling piece by piece because of the weak foundation upon which it stands.

Edited by rippadonn