• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault

joemac

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Woah

Nice weapon to have. He can help fill the void when CMC goes down. A Deebo type player

This was the thought I had, jet sweeps, reverses, hands out of the backfield with some carries, he's 6'1 230, almost the same size as Foreman but with a receiver skillet. 

Get him the ball in space in the short to intermediate with an opportunity to break a tackle or make a guy miss. 

Dj

Robbie

TMJ 

Shi

Laviska

Higgins

That right there is a nice WR room, all young with + talent and inexpensive. 

Zylstra been solid but what's the potential...it's limited. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you have to ask yourself then, if they are on rookie deals and they have a rookie qb why?  Seems like we are missing something here

I mean former 9th overall that many other teams had the same grade on and 5th(first in the round) for Dan Arnold and early 3rd? I take that trade 10/10 and twice on tuesday...... insane value for a young player. You could not make that deal for a future 9th overall pick....plus panther got jags on the hook for part of CJs salary too(just that year). No dead cap is with him.

Low risk high reward is the type of GM i want, 10000%.

See what the details of this are....feel it will be late round type, but a guess.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Haven't read through the thread, but I really just don't get this move.

In general, I like him as a player, but the guys is a possession receiver, get the ball to him and let him go to work.

Isn't that basically what Shi is supposed to be for us?  That Curtis replacement that we've been looking for?

The guy has looked great in camp and pre-season, so why make this trade and now make Shi basically a pointless player for us at the moment?  

Unless we're trading/cutting Robby, which I'd LOVE, I don't understand this move given how good Shi has looked this year.

Shi probably made Roberts expendable. Which would give reason to needing another 6th WR cause Roberts was only going to be a returner. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I mean former 9th overall that many other teams had the same grade on and 5th(first in the round) for Dan Arnold and early 3rd? I take that trade 10/10 and twice on tuesday...... insane value for a young player. You could not make that deal for a future 9th overall pick....plus panther got jags on the hook for part of CJs salary too(just that year). No dead cap is with him.

Low risk high reward is the type of GM i want, 10000%.

See what the details of this are....feel it will be late round type, but a guess.

It was a great move. Fitt is the best GM we have had. Lots are just bitching to bitch because of Rhule. Dont let the Rhule hate bleed over to Fitt. It is not Fitt`s job to coach.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2