• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Brandt (Good Morning Football): Panthers will win NFC South

UNCrules2187

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd feel a little better about this if he didn't pick the 49ers to win the NFC West. Borderline trolling

Ehh they did make the NFCCG last year and Shanahan has done incredible things with the team pretty much whenever Jimmy G has been healthy and playing decently. Lance is a question mark but at least offers massive upside over Jimmy G. I don't think they win the NFCW either but I don't think it's that outrageous. There are big surprises every year and many teams do suffer SB hangovers, plus Stafford's shoulder is a question mark too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

4 minutes ago, t96 said:

Ehh they did make the NFCCG last year and Shanahan has done incredible things with the team pretty much whenever Jimmy G has been healthy and playing decently. Lance is a question mark but at least offers massive upside over Jimmy G. I don't think they win the NFCW either but I don't think it's that outrageous. There are big surprises every year and many teams do suffer SB hangovers, plus Stafford's shoulder is a question mark too.

Yeah just going by the 49ers offseason I wouldn't put them above the Cards even. Trey Lance looked bad enough in the preseason that they kept Jimmy G who's shoulder isn't 100 yet, their O-line looked horrible. I guess they might be able to get away with it if they keep the games low scoring

If the Panthers win the NFC South this year then that means we are going to see a serious implosion in Tampa this season. I'd love to see it (especially since it's Brady's last year), but I find that highly unlikely.

We've won 5 games for three seasons in a row. An above .500 season would be a great success. If we made the wild card this year I'd call that a tremendous success. If we ended up winning the division and  hosting a playoff game in the postseason, then Rhule would be a legit contender for coach of the year. 😂

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd feel a little better about this if he didn't pick the 49ers to win the NFC West. Borderline trolling

Not that I out a ton of weight in these picks either way, but I can't knock him for that one either...  I have a feeling LA is going to have quite the championship hangover.  OBJ is still a FA.  Von left.  And apparently Stafford is dealing with an injury that affects his ability to throw.  It has all the makings of a team struggling to defend their title.  While I don't know that Lance is going to blow people away, they are always a well-constructed and well-coached team.  Seattle is going to be garbage, and I think AZ will be their only real comp down the stretch, so I could see it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1