• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will David Tepper admit he made a mistake when he finally fires Matt Rhule?

hepcat

Disclaimer - I would genuinely love to be wrong about all of this. I’ll be first in line to eat my crow if the Panthers magically morph into a playoff contender this season!

—-

While I am hoping for the best outcome this season, I am expecting the worst. I have a rational brain and can’t escape the sting of cold hard facts. The evidence that Matt Rhule is a fraud who swindled a naive new NFL owner making his first head coaching hire is pretty substantial. That evidence compounds itself every season Rhule remains head coach of the Panthers.

What I’m getting at is, it’s pretty likely we’re in for another losing season. The schedule is much harder than in 2021 and I can’t see Rhule surviving another miserable year.

Will Tepper show any ounce of humility and admit he made a mistake hiring Rhule? Rhule was wildly unqualified for the role of head coach of an NFL team. He never beat a ranked team at Baylor and lacked the NFL connections to build a proper NFL coaching staff. As evidenced by the high turnover on the coaching staff year after year. 2022’s coaching staff is a another group of misfit coaches from the college and NFL ranks. 

Unless Tepper wants to see PSL sales plummet into the abyss and all the fancy “fan experiences” he’s trying to bilk out of the fans go unattended, Matt Rhule will have to go. A seasoned NFL advisor will need to be hired to clean up the mess. And Panthers fans will be yet again left hoping for better days. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 13

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Virtually every coach that gets hired in the NFL eventually gets fired, and the owners rarely admit they made a mistake.  

Big difference firing a coach who had some success and then their time runs out vs a coach who was given a top 10 head coach salary despite having only one year of NFL experiences as an assistant position coach 

• Beer 1

If it comes to that once he fires him that ACT in itself is admitting he failed. That’s not hard to see you hire someone who can’t do the job you fire them that means I didn’t hire the right guy I was wrong I must go find a guy that can. You don’t have to say anything actions speak volumes.

• Beer 2

9 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Big difference firing a coach who had some success and then their time runs out vs a coach who was given a top 10 head coach salary despite having only one year of NFL experiences as an assistant position coach 

I would bet that a lot of head coaching hires get fired after 3-4 years.  The NFL has a very high turnover/failure rate.  For every Bill B or Sean Payton, there are 3 or 4 Matt Rhules or Bobby Petrino's, or George Seifert's.

Edited by Davidson Deac II