• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think we should be prepared to let burns walk

electro's horse

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep

He simply doesn’t finish plays. Most of the top edge rushers got sacks yesterday. 

Same old Burns. If some team is willing to trade a couple 1’s at the deadline for him I’m thinking long and hard about it.

Couple of 1s? Your not getting that.

Edited by micnificent28

He literally is 5 missed sacks (where he actually has his arms/hands on the QB) away from averaging 15 sacks a year.  And I venture to say if they tracked missed sacks, he would easily lead the league, by A LOT.  He's always there, it's just a matter of finishing...  and if he ever gets to that point, I don't want to give up a guy averaging 13+ sacks a year.  I know it's frustrating, but he's the best we have up front and he has vastly improved in every aspect of his game.  He just has to finish the plays when he's there.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Waldo said:

Or hire a new Offensive backed coach and a 3-4 DC. He is an edge guy we are misusing. 

We are misusing a lot of good players. Chinn, Shaq, Burns, CMC, Moore, Ickey, and BC because the front office would rather move their good players out of position than find good players to fill those roles.

• Beer 1

Just now, CPantherKing said:

We are misusing a lot of good players. Chinn, Shaq, Burns, CMC, Moore, Ickey, and BC because the front office would rather move their good players out of position than find good players to fill those roles.

I agree with all except I think this is the coaches vision...which is why I can't wait for them to be fired so we can start talking about improvement and not waste.

• Pie 3

Just now, Waldo said:

I agree with all except I think this is the coaches vision...which is why I can't wait for them to be fired so we can start talking about improvement and not waste.

Yep. He wants to prove college coaching concepts on offense and defense can win in the NFL against the NFL minded coaches who actually win the SBs.

• Beer 1

Just now, CPantherKing said:

Yep. He wants to prove college coaching concepts on offense and defense can win in the NFL against the NFL minded coaches who actually win the SBs.

He still hasn't shown any ability to field an NFL quality unit on either sides. Lots of speed but without a clear and functional vision it really doesn't matter. Neither he nor Snow have adpted well and this year should finally be the nail in their expensive NFL coffins.

• Pie 1

I'd like to see how he performs when utilized by a good DC in a strong NFL-style defense.  He looks like more of a fit for a 3-4, and as Scot said, he was drafted at a time when we were "sorta" switching to a 3-4 and we never really did.

The problem I see is the price tag he will command when the time comes.  The decision may be made for us.

Maybe it's me, but I don't feel like we have had a coherent defensive scheme/strategy since the brain trust at the time thought the 3-4 was the answer to our problems.  I'd like to see one before I start parting with talent.  If we don't see one, we probably have to be prepared to see him elsewhere, whether we like it or not.

• Pie 1

They all(d-line) had plays where they looked overwhelmed and outmatched. That end around where Burns ran himself completely out of the play was just sad, but everyone else and yes D. Brown were just getting blasted off the ball too. When your best players look terrible and out of position, it is the coaching/scheme.