• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL does owe the Panthers an explanation why the Brissett spike was not intentional grounding.

hepcat

11 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Lastly, refs are human. That is what makes FOOTBALL the greatest game. The human element.

That doesn't make sense. The refs aren't what makes the NFL a great sport. Every sport has shitty calls from their equivalent of refs.

Don't disagree on crew vs individual.

Ref grades aren't public are they?

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

That doesn't make sense. The refs aren't what makes the NFL a great sport. Every sport has shitty calls from their equivalent of refs.

Don't disagree on crew vs individual.

Ref grades aren't public are they?

I guess I should have said "The human element is part of what makes Football the greatest sport."

Refs have been influencing games since the game was invented. Human error is trying to be erased, but football isn't designed that way. It is the ultimate in human interaction.

And as far as I know, refs grades are hard to come by. I guess, if you pay enough attention during the year, you may see a substitution during the playoffs. Or I could be off my rocker. lol

All I know is that Baker gives me hope for the future. Or at least the immediate future that is.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

The refs throughout the league have a very bad habit of trying to inject themselves into the outcome of games. 

I saw way too many calls that should have been let go.  Many calls of the same offense let go early in the game. 

Sometimes it makes me wonder if Goodell has his hand in the cookie jar when it comes to close games and what makes the NFL more prosperous. 

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I saw way too many calls that should have been let go.  Many calls of the same offense let go early in the game. 

There should be fewer calls overall. I think it's better to err on the side of too few calls than too many.

That looked like holding... don't throw a flag unless you saw holding. If you didn't see a grab or a jersey hold let it go, for both teams.

The worst part is when they assume a penalty or seem to force calls late in games, it gives the fans reason to suspect something is up. The other team will always say we got a bad call earlier in the game but that isn't the same as getting screwed over at the end of the game. That does determine games.

The Panthers didn't play well enough to win. Neither did the Browns, if you let a team back in it by giving up 17 points in three 4th quarter drives to take the lead you should have to earn the win back and not be given anything.

16 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I guess I should have said "The human element is part of what makes Football the greatest sport."

Refs have been influencing games since the game was invented. Human error is trying to be erased, but football isn't designed that way. It is the ultimate in human interaction.

Exactly, the technology is there to drastically improve the quality and accuracy of calls in games and the NFL either drags their feet in taking advantage of it or downright refuses to implement it.

NFL officiating in its current state is not a flaw, it's a feature which the league office will use to their advantage at every step.

2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

They owe us an explanation for why they rigged SB 50 too.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613049-peyton-manning-reportedly-told-friends-he-plans-to-retire-after-super-bowl-50

Then they (the NFL) follows that rigged SB game with a rigged 2016 game where defenders repeatedly hit Cam in the head with no consequence. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Manna said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2613049-peyton-manning-reportedly-told-friends-he-plans-to-retire-after-super-bowl-50

Then they (the NFL) follows that rigged SB game with a rigged 2016 game where defenders repeatedly hit Cam in the head with no consequence. 

It’s because the NFL wanted to make an example of Cam not being QB “the right way”. Make of that what you will. It’s disgusting.