• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Best/Worst vs Browns

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Baker was sacked four times.  Two were on Ickey, but they said the interior was clean on sacks, so the other two were on Moton?

Baker contributed to those by too deep of a drop and holding on to the ball too long. He didn't do Ickey any favors, and neither did the TE. Baker went so far back that all Garrett had to do was basically run around Ekwonu. You have to drop back quickly and throw. Ickey was basically left ass out on the long shore of an island with arguably the best edge in football. 

• Beer 2

51 minutes ago, SammyFranchise said:

Small Hands Baker will probably always have issues with exchange from under center.

My bigger worry would be Baker not being able to see over his offensive line when in the pocket. Having to draw up passing plays that move Baker out of the pocket so he can see throwing lanes is the definition of Amateur.

He never had trouble in college or with the browns… I can’t tell if this whole message board is a troll job in college his linemen were like 6’8. He had passes batted down with the browns but tall qbs do too. His hands I’m not even sure where you’re coming from with that. 

Edited by dynomite

15 minutes ago, DMathematics said:

When are we gonna start questioning DJ Moore? Big money still doesn't show up lol something has got to give 

Let's just make a thread where we question every player on the team after 1 game.. 

53 players, 14 practice squad guys and the coaching staff, FO, Scouting department, owner, Business associates and office, and training staff.. Should be about 100 threads with "When are we going to question" the stadium bathroom staff..

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

yeah, i brought this up to the guy that works with the agency. Mentioned that hospital balls should be included.  He mentioned they want the NFL to get to a point where they are measuring stats to success levels like baseball and basketball. It will be interesting to see how this lands.

In all  honesty, FD probably just wants the %s to manage their book better.

I rly, rly like the WR-INT stat that you had mentioned. Would be interesting seeing QBs like Eli who made boneheaded throws but also had plenty of picks due to players not catching the ball when it hits them in stride

9 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Well it looks like we should have drafted Patrick Surtain Jr instead of Jaycee Horn and drafted Evan Neal instead of Ikem Ekwanu 

Front office got caught up in the "feel good" storyline of both players being from NC/SC

Evan Neal was on his ass the entire preseason getting beat. The Huddle would have shot him before week 1.

Edited by Icege

Let's not get lost in the weeds here.  We played like crap.  There's no way around that.  That's a coaching issue.  When your team has months to prepare like we did and they can't find their way around a snap, run defense, helping out a rookie with one of the best DEs in the league; it's a coaching issue.

Now it's great they fought back.  It would have been really helpful to get an ugly win under their belts.  But they didn't.  That stinks.  Teams know we just can't stop a power run game.  

So the Panthers D to me is built to protect a lead.  They SHOULD be able to get a stop in a close game, but ideally they want to rush the passer.  When we've had times to do that over the past couple of years, we've had some pretty decent success, especially last year.

But again, our coaching is not up to snuff.  That's what's really getting me.  After three years, this should be a well oiled machine.  They should be able to come out and run their system.  Instead, we've kept changing things because of poor choices and we've had two first years out of the offense, which puts all the pressure on our light and fast defense.

PFF grades are fine.  But at the end of the day, the team has to be coached better.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

He wasn't good, but on those two sacks, Baker's depth on his drop back was too deep, and he held on to the ball way too long. That's what was said on Panthers Talk. When looking at the plays, they're absolutely correct. Moreover, on those type of plays, you have to get the ball out quickly. That's how they're designed. It's something that can be worked on and improved.

I dont know that I agree with that.  Icky barely got a hand on him because he short set the edge.  As far as his drop back, the dline was able to jump and bat down passes all day.   Hes not a big QB.   Hes got to drop back a little further to help create throwing lanes.  I never saw one oline man knock the defender on their butt when they were jumping to knock those passes down.   Lay them out a few times and they will ease up on that.