• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we officially declare TMJ a bust?

TheBigKat

11 minutes ago, Coreyl90 said:

I think the team would be in much worse shape if it wasn't for Fitts. However Rhule and any of his associates will get no praise from me

Fitterer has been in the thick of our failure too. Someone anyone should have spoken up and said the Darnold trade was a terrible idea. The trades that have followed indicate Scott absolutely has a key voice in each of these moves because we were not this trade happy in Rhule's first season.

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Fitterer has been in the thick of our failure too. Someone anyone should have spoken up and said the Darnold trade was a terrible idea. The trades that have followed indicate Scott absolutely has a key voice in each of these moves because we were not this trade happy in Rhule's first season.

I think most of that was immediate regret on the Darnold trade. He has tried to recoup some draft capital. Early last year the team looked like they could make a run after 3 weeks so the Henderson trade made sense given the situation

• Beer 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:17 PM, top dawg said:

It could say that Rhule's a dumbass. Just sayin'.

Pretty sure Shi was hand picked by Rhule from when he coached him in the Senior Bowl. I don't love the guy either, but lets simmer down on blaming EVERYTHING on him lmao. TMJ was probably a Joe Brady nudge. 

1 minute ago, Coreyl90 said:

I think most of that was immediate regret on the Darnold trade. He has tried to recoup some draft capital. Early last year the team looked like they could make a run after 3 weeks so the Henderson trade made sense given the situation

Personally I don't think Fitterer should get a pass if Rhule is going to get so much heat but there has been some good with Scott. I don't mind the "in on every deal" approach compared to what we had with Hurney but it would be nice if it weren't limited only to the Jets and Jaguars two of the worst teams in the league. I'm just saying.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Personally I don't think Fitterer should get a pass if Rhule is going to get so much heat but there has been some good with Scott. I don't mind the "in on every deal" approach compared to what we had with Hurney but it would be nice if it weren't limited only to the Jets and Jaguars two of the worst teams in the league. I'm just saying.

Yes I agree with that. If a bad team doesnt want a player the Panther's are like "Send em on over we'll take him off your hands"

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Bumping this thread.

Terrace Marshall saw six snaps. Meanwhile, Amon-Ra St. Brown (who Panthers could've drafted in round 4 but opted to trade down to take Chuba "does nothing well" Hubbard) is balling out in Detroit.

Panthers passed on Micah Parsons for Jaycee Horn. Maybe Horn becomes an All-Pro...but Parsons is a legit top 3 defensive player.

The 2020 (Hurney, kudos to Tepper for being a moron) and 2021 drafts have been a complete bust. 

2022 isn't looking so hot either. We all know 2019 (Hurney) was a massive bust outside of Burns.

Sure, hindsight - but I think we have enough evidence to say that nobody on Mint Street nobody knows how to evaluate prospects. I don't trust Fitterer. People need to quit kissing his ass because he trades down so much. Trading down doesn't mean squat if you cannot make the right picks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Given the current coaching staff I'm not sure it's fair to label anyone in these past few drafts a bust yet. I'd like to see how some of these guys would do with real NFL coaching.

This 💯 and can’t we really label a guy who never plays a bust? He barely saw the field last year and he’s non-existent so far. We don’t know whether he’s truly a busy or just a victim of circumstance.