• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule says the Panthers averaged 7.7 yards per play the last 35 minutes of the game; adds that would've been 3rd in the league last week.

Julio

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Unless they start by looking slow and unprepared all over again...

At which point its time to figure out why that is and address/correct that problem hopefully with a new coach sooner than later. 

I will say - in years past under this regime the starting slow hasn't been an issue-I'd argue its been a strength. Its always been the adjustments and sustaining it (ESPECIALLY in the 3rd quarter) and in the future games once there's some film out on the offense. A lot of that got laid at the feet of Brady. Hopefully McAdoo handles it better. 

21 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

That first half was definitely not good. I would agree that I would even characterize it as bad, but can we quit with the revisionist history and hyperbolic statements? 

Half this sub is complaining about Rhule cherry picking stats you literally just did the exact same thing by only including the first half.

Giants game last year. 
Bucs game last year. 
Pats game last year. 

That's 3 games where in the entire 60 minutes we scored less than we did in the 1st half Sunday, 3 games were we had the poo kicked out of us and watched the team quit on the sideline. 3 games where we scored less in an entire game than we did the first half on Sunday.

That's just in Rhule's tenure - do we really want to dive into the record books and look at the other 7 years - especially the games without Cam? Specifically the end of 2019 after Ron got fired? Against the Colts with Grier? Against the Saints?

I get it - I want to win as much as anybody but how would you have answered the question? He was specifically asked what positives he saw on offense. He prefaced this with a whole tirade about how it took too long to get the offense moving, whether it was the ball getting put on the turf, explosive plays getting called back on penalty or someone lining up wrong - he mentioned all of that. Then he says once they got in the groove he saw the explosiveness the know they have. 

He would do well to stop talking so much 

I have never heard a nfl coach talk so much …ever 

his record says he should keep his answers short and to the point, less embellishment 

Truthfully. Take a page from Bellinchek’s book and just shut up  short,  sweet,   done 

he has not one ounce of won loss currency such that he should be talking at all 

walk up there  and say ‘ we all sucked and we, coaches and players, have to do better’. End of discussion   If they ask again, answer the same way 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Rhule would refuse to acknowledge the 3 score deficit near the end of the 2nd quarter, the soft and deep coverage employed by the Browns for the remainder of the game, and the fact the Browns controlled the second half and the clock to limit Carolina to 4 drives absent the last 8 seconds of the game. The Panthers offense controled the ball for a total of 1:20 on their 3 4th quarter drives (average of 26 seconds per drive).

He really needs to learn how to manage a game better if he ever wants to win in the NFL because letting the other team control the clock and dictate that they take the ball for the final 1 to 2 minutes of the game will lead to many loses in close games.

Yards are overrated in NFL football. Go back to college where they count more with blowout wins and high scoring games you Fhule!

Yards are never a thing to hang your hat on in the NFL if that is all you can produce. He will never learn.

Teams will gladly give you yards on offense and run the ball all day against the defense for small gains if they can get a multi score lead and control the clock.

How do you think Fox and Rivera got to the SB you Fhule?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

That first half was definitely not good. I would agree that I would even characterize it as bad, but can we quit with the revisionist history and hyperbolic statements? 

Half this sub is complaining about Rhule cherry picking stats you literally just did the exact same thing by only including the first half.

Giants game last year. 
Bucs game last year. 
Pats game last year. 

That's 3 games where in the entire 60 minutes we scored less than we did in the 1st half Sunday, 3 games were we had the poo kicked out of us and watched the team quit on the sideline. 3 games where we scored less in an entire game than we did the first half on Sunday.

That's just in Rhule's tenure - do we really want to dive into the record books and look at the other 7 years - especially the games without Cam? Specifically the end of 2019 after Ron got fired? Against the Colts with Grier? Against the Saints?

I get it - I want to win as much as anybody but how would you have answered the question? He was specifically asked what positives he saw on offense. He prefaced this with a whole tirade about how it took too long to get the offense moving, whether it was the ball getting put on the turf, explosive plays getting called back on penalty or someone lining up wrong - he mentioned all of that. Then he says once they got in the groove he saw the explosiveness the know they have. 

That's because I was talking about the first half. And I'm not being revisionist at all. Nor am I being hyperbolic.

As mentioned before, I've probably seen about fifty week ones in my lifetime. I'm used to teams looking bad. "Bad" would have been just been simple mistakes, miscommunications and such. We had those for sure, but also much worse. We looked absolutely unprepared and damn near incompetent.

Luke DeCock's description of the team looking like "53 guys who just met" was dead on target.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

At which point its time to figure out why that is and address/correct that problem hopefully with a new coach sooner than later. 

I will say - in years past under this regime the starting slow hasn't been an issue-I'd argue its been a strength. Its always been the adjustments and sustaining it (ESPECIALLY in the 3rd quarter) and in the future games once there's some film out on the offense. A lot of that got laid at the feet of Brady. Hopefully McAdoo handles it better. 

Slow starts to a season are generally on coaching.

Slow starts to individual games can be on a quarterback. One of the common characteristics of gunslinger types is that they tend to start slow but heat up as the game goes on.

Mind you, Sunday was worse than just a "slow start" for me.

• Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Slow starts to a season are generally on coaching.

Slow starts to individual games can be on a quarterback. One of the common characteristics of gunslinger types is that they tend to start slow but heat up as the game goes on.

Mind you, Sunday was worse than just a "slow start" for me.

I would say that slow starts to a season are fairly normal.  If you look at the results from this weekend, several Superbowl winning coaches (Mcvay and Bill B) had slow starts.  In fact, might even call them horrible starts. 

The start doesn't concern me that much.  But two seasons of ineptitude do.  Its going to take a lot of wins before I have even a sliver of confidence that this staff can win consistently.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'. If Rhule could coach a team to play 60 minutes week in and week out, he might have some room to talk about those stats from the second half. However, we've seen some terrible football under him over the last two years and no one wants to hear things like "2nd half 7.7 yards per play, blah, blah, blah". It gets old because it's the same BS every week and nothing improves. Put together SEVERAL games where for 60 minutes the team looks like it did those last 35 minutes and perhaps he would receive less ire from much of the fanbase. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I would say that slow starts to a season are fairly normal.  If you look at the results from this weekend, several Superbowl winning coaches (Mcvay and Bill B) had slow starts.  In fact, might even call them horrible starts.

The start doesn't concern me that much.  But two seasons of ineptitude do.  Its going to take a lot of wins before I have even a sliver of confidence that this staff can win consistently.

Depends on the coach, or at least it used to.

Traditionally, there were two schools of thought when it came to offseason training. You had guys like Tom Coughlin who would put their players through the most rigorous training they could. Those teams tended to come out of the gate firing on all cylinders, but the additional wear and tear took a toll as the season went on and all too often they'd be limping by the time they got to the playoffs.

Then you had other guys (I think Andy Reid was one) who took things a little easier. Their squads were more likely to  start the season slow and sloppy, but when playoff time came around they weren't necessarily so badly beaten up.

These days though? Since the Players Association put so many limits on practice time, it's pretty tough for the hardass coaches to run things like they wish they could.

I suspect Rhule would probably be that way if he could, but he can't.

Makes me wonder if Rhule would have a different record if things were still under the old rules.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, dynomite said:

Ya I think rhule is a failure but some of the people here are super bad faith when taking about him. Dude could cure cancer and people on here would make it a negative. He never said anything about raising a banner

If Rhule cured cancer, people would think they had it beat but the cancer would make a comeback in the end.