• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does 0-2 put Rhule’s seat red hot?

Panthers Fan 69

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

what do you think is going to happen after 4th straight 5 win season is getting put on the books and no sign of Rhule getting fired? 

you think the % of PSL's owned is going to increase, stay the same, or go down?  They already were unable to increase prices like they wanted to because they know the product hasn't been good enough for folks. 

All people have to do is not renew their PSL's next year right? People aren't obligated to renew, they just lose their seats? I wonder how many PSL tickets are sold to opposing fans on a weekly basis

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Can’t really tell with Tepper. He seems to enjoy doing the exact opposite of what fans actually want. I can see us winning five games again and Rhule getting a fourth year.

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Exactly why he's a terrible team owner, horrible. 

Edited by rippadonn

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

we will see, I tend to side with the reporting that came out during the complete nightmare of 2021.  Truths come out when things are bad.  I don't think Tepper is happy with Rhule.  I think this is a painful marriage about to end. 

it was reported he wasn't happy with Rhule.  Already discussing new HC hires.  And in that same reporting it still acknowledged Tepper was going to still have a year 3 with Rhule.    

Was gonna post this.

The only reason I wouldn't be surprised for us to keep Rhule until Dec is because mid season coaching changes virtually never yield improvement, and I don't think we have a clear coach in waiting. That's also when we have our bye.

I think the timing depends a lot on what Tepper thinks of our assistant coaches. 

• Beer 1

It is actually possible as an owner of a team in what has become the NFL juggernaut of marketing today to have a successful return on your investment with a given NFL team without actually being successful in the game itself............in fact there are some situations where a team with a successful record because of costs  can actually hinter the rate of return. 

As long as Tepper continues to grow his investment regardless of the performance of the team....then there is no impetus to further any effort that could challenge the investment.  

The losers here of course are the fans............but that is why they are called fans anyway which is short for "fanatics"..........and most fanatics are more passionate about a given subject or situation than they are to the objective reality of it all...............

Point in case.........look at the record since the 90s of one of the most profitable franchises in all of sports.............the Dallas Cowboys..........

They continue to rake in the dough despite the fact their record since their last SB appearance in the 90s is among the bottom of the league since then to date.........

Edited by PghPanther
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PghPanther said:

It is actually possible as an owner of a team in what has become the NFL juggernaut of marketing today to have a successful return on your investment with a given NFL team without actually being successful in the game itself............in fact there are some situations where a team with a successful record because of costs  can actually hinter the rate of return. 

As long as Tepper continues to grow his investment regardless of the performance of the team....then there is no impetus to further any effort that could challenge the investment.  

The losers here of course are the fans............but that is why they are called fans anyway which is short for "fanatics"..........and most fanatics are more passionate about a given subject or situation than they are to the objective reality of it all...............

simply owning a professional sports team the last several decades has been a very good investment.   The values have gone up for even mediocre franchises. 

So if Rhule is losing enough that a firing is eminent and Tepper keeps him the entire year is that a form of Tanking? We have 3 coaches that have more experience than Snow and Rhule combined that could drag us through the rest of the year. What is the benefit of keeping Rhule 1 game past elimination? I would take an interim coach that is auditioning for his next job over a lame duck about to walk with his guaranteed money anyways.

I get not firing him until later regardless but there is a point of why not? Like what benefit does Tepper get out of keeping Rhule past elimination if he is not coming back for year 4? 

5 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I may be proven wrong on Sunday but this year does have a 2001 feeling. I just hope it doesn’t end that way. Even though going 1-15 was strangely way more entertaining than the snooze fest that was 2-14 2010. 

That 2001 team would lose close games too. A game like last week would fit into the 2001 season

Just now, Snake said:

I'm not sure how bad we need to look. 

it's really hard to look worse than we did in 2021.  I mean, that season gets essentially every coach without a history of success fired in the NFL. 

Urban was taking up too much oxygen and attention.  That was a once in a decade type clusterfug that gave Rhule some cover.