• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does 0-2 put Rhule’s seat red hot?

Panthers Fan 69

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's really hard to look worse than we did in 2021.  I mean, that season gets essentially every coach without a history of success fired in the NFL. 

Urban was taking up too much oxygen and attention.  That was a once in a decade type clusterfug that gave Rhule some cover. 

It's what I mean when I say I'm not sure what it will take. 

17 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Can’t really tell with Tepper. He seems to enjoy doing the exact opposite of what fans actually want. I can see us winning five games again and Rhule getting a fourth year.

Anything less than playoffs and I think he’s gone next year. Bad record mid-season and I think he’s gone this year, I think that was part of the OC choice. 

Edited by Harbingers

4 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That's the magic number.... and given we have we still have so many wine and cheesers... 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

keeping Rhule after a 3rd straight 5 win season is easy.

Keeping the BOA seats from being empty and still being able to sell tickets for the price you want going forward? Not as easy. 

Tepper does give a fug about money/financial success.  He also cares about his image.  And Matt Rhule simply can't continue to be what he is....and it not eventually become a really bad business deal for Tepper.  And I am not talking the actual Rhule contract here. And there is nothing saying he won't act to that IMO

I should have just pointed out that ticket sales are only about 1% of revenue.

18 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I should have just pointed out that ticket sales are only about 1% of revenue.

I'm largely talking PSL.  And they held off on increasing them last year because we sucked so bad.  But that's what they want to do.  The PSL franchises keep raising and raising them because it's not 1% of revenue. 

PSLs, butts in the seats, and local dollars matter to a greedy billionaire who got into this to increase his wealth. 

• Beer 1

Hopefully Tepper has learned his lesson and the next coach doesn’t get a 7 year deal. 
IMO, all new head coaches should get only 3 years.

Year 1 is a rebuild.

Year 2 is where you solidify your team and possible make a playoff push.

Year 3 is where your team should be winning and making noise during the season and then eventually the playoffs. 

If you team is playoff read by year 3 and you once again miss the playoffs. Then your butt needs to hit the pavement. 

• Flames 2

You cant watch games like last night and think you are going to compete with Matt Rhule and Baker Mayfield. I mean what makes our owner and managers believe those are good moves. Clearly the goal is to be average at best like I have been saying. Theres a low level ceiling with both Rhule and Baker. Beating someone like this Giants team w Daniel Jones and half their players being out is not impressive to me. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Hopefully Tepper has learned his lesson and the next coach doesn’t get a 7 year deal. 
IMO, all new head coaches should get only 3 years.

Year 1 is a rebuild.

Year 2 is where you solidify your team and possible make a playoff push.

Year 3 is where your team should be winning and making noise during the season and then eventually the playoffs. 

If you team is playoff read by year 3 and you once again miss the playoffs. Then your butt needs to hit the pavement. 

This 

1st red flag - Hired a college coach to an insane contract when He didn’t win anything at the college level to warrant such a kings ransom

2nd red flag - Gave total control and unchecked power over personnel to the newly hired head college coach

3rd red flag - We all knew we were in big trouble when Rhule built his pro staff with all of his college coaches and buddies 

4th red flag - his press conferences were/are so god damn cringe to listen too + whenever he would talk up a player in the media, they were cut sooner after 

All this and more before his first game vs Oakland 

Should be, but nothing will happen. Rhule is still owed like $43 million. I doubt David Tepper would piss 43 million away for sake of potentially winning some football games. I am afraid we're stuck with him so we might as well grit our teeth, support the team, and weather the storm.