• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I believed in Baker. But I was wrong. Also, the OL sucks ass.

Proudiddy

24 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't dispute it is incredibly hard to evaluate any of these guys under this staff.  Baker has had moments.  But the overthrow to Shi on the broken play was probably the most egregious.  I saw a lot of people blame Shi, but he had no shot at it.

And that drive in the 4th where he threw 3 straight times, including two horrible decisions were also really bad.

When guys get over the top, we have to hit them, and we don't.  But I also won't dispute, the OL playing like a sieve didn't help his cause at all.  It's just that even with finally getting the run game going, our offense still looked atrocious for most of the game.

I’m not defending Baker, but Shi slowed down on his route. However, the ball would have still been overthrown. I suspect we will see every team blitz the bejesus out of us, because we have almost no hot routes, everyone is getting medium to deep. We absolutely abandon the run game every time, I just don’t understand what the coaching staff is doing?

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I know right anyone else notice a pattern b/c clearly some don't

4 QBs literally the same outcome, except one isn't tossing INTs to the other team like its going out of style.

QB literally isn't even a top 3 concern and that's just on the offensive side of the ball. Not saying much that's just how bad it is at several other areas.

To be clear, I wasn't pinning this on Baker.  Just frustrated with some of the plays we left out there...  and we have agreed on a ton over the years, and for the most part agree here.  I still think Baker is at least solid, which is light-years ahead of Teddy and Sam...  but I also have said, after seeing Teddy, Sam, Cam, and now Baker, that it isn't coincidence, all of those guys have looked their worst as passers in this offense under Rhule and nowhere else.  As ass as we thought Sam was in NY, he actually looked functional enough to fool people into thinking he could still be a starter in the NFL.  Here, he became the worst passer statistically over a stretch of games that had ever been recorded.  Teddy, renowned for his decision-making and headiness, looked like a complete fuging idiot here.  Between throwing the ball to a 1 yard drag on 4th and 12 to having the ball stripped at the goal line against the Packers, to game-ending INTs on TNF against the Falcons, he looked in over his head.  Cam had one of the worst passing games of any QB ever against the Dolphins, and to this day, friends still rag me about it and just judging off that one game say Cam isn't an NFL QB anymore...  but, they don't see what we see every week.  It's not the personnel.  It's the coaching.  

So yes, I mentioned Baker specifically, and a lot of it is the frustration and disappointment from him not being able to elevate our team into winning, but I know as long as Rhule is in place, I don't know what QB could...  but I really wanted Baker to do it.  And despite his flaws, he is the best QB we've had since healthy Cam, but this team sucks ass and it's painful to watch...  and between failed protection and shitty calls, I place a huge burden on Baker to make plays and today he struggled.  

So anyway...  I fuging hate Matt Rhule.😂

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I’m not defending Baker, but Shi slowed down on his route. However, the ball would have still been overthrown. I suspect we will see every team blitz the bejesus out of us, because we have almost no hot routes, everyone is getting medium to deep. We absolutely abandon the run game every time, I just don’t understand what the coaching staff is doing?

That's my issue...  and again, I drank the McAdoodoo koolaid from the offseason...  from reading the glowing reviews from Rodgers and looking at the stats from his time in NY, I really thought this is what we were missing...  I'm still not going to fully blame him though, because the offense still looks like the same dysfunctional mess its always been under Rhule, so I think McAdoo's input is limited or constrained at the least to fit in Rhule's dumbass idea of how it should be run.

But when you look at the Packers offense.  The Giants offense when he was there...  he'll, the Giants offense today - they schemed guys open, easily, to where passes were essentially handoffs.  And we just can't get out of our own fuging way...  this doesn't look like what he ran before at all.  It's just so disjointed and dysfunctional.

44 minutes ago, Snake said:

Not a popular opinion but a lot of Mayfields issues are that he hasn't really worked with the WRs much because Darnold was taking half of those. The Oline has looked better than last year but our Rookie has had some bad moment as well as our Center. 

It's well beyond just Elflein and Ekwonu. BC was getting dump trucked and Corbett was getting tossed around. 

This is why I really could not understand why people thought this was going to be "one of the best OL's we've ever had."

I literally have no idea what those people were thinking. This was pretty predictable. 

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That's my issue...  and again, I drank the McAdoodoo koolaid from the offseason...  from reading the glowing reviews from Rodgers and looking at the stats from his time in NY, I really thought this is what we were missing...  I'm still not going to fully blame him though, because the offense still looks like the same dysfunctional mess its always been under Rhule, so I think McAdoo's input is limited or constrained at the least to fit in Rhule's dumbass idea of how it should be run.

But when you look at the Packers offense.  The Giants offense when he was there...  he'll, the Giants offense today - they schemed guys open, easily, to where passes were essentially handoffs.  And we just can't get out of our own fuging way...  this doesn't look like what he ran before at all.  It's just so disjointed and dysfunctional.

That's why some of us kept saying that it was a bad sign that he wasn't employed in the NFL after his HC gig.

McAdoo isn't some sort of offensive genius. A QB like Rodgers is going to make any OC look better because he is a fuging HOFer. People have to stop attaching HOF caliber athletes successes so tightly to coaching. That's not true that often. More than not, it's the elite player being elite.

Some valid points indeed but I also like to think that if Rhule would have just had the oline and qb situation  settled early in the offseason, the product  wouldn't suck as bad. His flip flop bs builds no continuity. By the time they completely  gel or get in sync.... it could be too late 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

That's why some of us kept saying that it was a bad sign that he wasn't employed in the NFL after his HC gig.

McAdoo isn't some sort of offensive genius. A QB like Rodgers is going to make any OC look better because he is a fuging HOFer. People have to stop attaching HOF caliber athletes successes so tightly to coaching. That's not true that often. More than not, it's the elite player being elite.

Oh no, I am as cynical as they get (if you haven't noticed 🤣).  So I err towards the same opinion you're sharing here...  but, I also think if an elite player sees something in a coach that they know enabled them to maximize their ability, then you have to give some credence to that.  But, there is that fine line of, well yeah, McAdoo's offense worked great for Rodgers because he processes things better than 99% of guys in the league and that has to be considered, but it could also just be a great offense that Rodgers made even better that can be efficiently ran by even non-HOFers.  But, you never know until you know.