• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Benjamin Allbright, Rhule's Mandate is Playoffs or He's Out

Proudiddy

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

NFL contracts aren’t the same as college ones though.  It would be interesting to know the details of Rhule’s.  Buyout clauses I don’t think are as standard in the pros.  For example, Petrino didn’t have one when he quit the Falcons to go back to college.  

Most NFL ones generally have an offset clause.  So if he landed some sweet Nebraska gig after being fired and was going to make the same money in college….Panthers don’t owe him if they fire him. 

Last year when people thought he was getting the Oklahoma job I think somebody in the media said they believed he was guaranteed 35 million. The end of this season would put him close to that. 

9 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Last year when people thought he was getting the Oklahoma job I think somebody in the media said they believed he was guaranteed 35 million. The end of this season would put him close to that. 

Wishful thinking  by some writer ..I doubt anyone knows someone else’s  contract details.  Overall yes, that level of detail probably not…

…then again, Rhule can’t keep his mouth shut so who knows 

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Wishful thinking  by some writer ..I doubt anyone knows someone else’s  contract details.  Overall yes, that level of detail probably not…

…then again, Rhule can’t keep his mouth shut so who knows 

Yeah I wouldn’t put much stock into it, just that it was thrown out there.