• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Tepper scheduled to meet at 1:30

Jai.

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

There’s 0 reason to fire Rhule now. The entire staff is his guys save for like 3 or 4 coaches. Firing him achieves nothing. The whole staff is unqualified to be coaching an NFL team. 

Wrong.  Rhule is the problem.  When I saw the post yesterday with the tweets some of the players had made or supposedly said.  It makes me feel Rhule has no clue. 

You fire Rhule now and give those that are still here a chance to show they can get this team headed in the right direction.  

12 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

fire rhule, promote macadoo, dismiss phil snow whos his lapdog and promote wilks to DC.  

McAdoo and Wilks are two coaches that are not Rhule guys, so I agree.  The other Rhule toadies will fall in line if they want to keep their job the rest of the year.

Firing Rhule/Snow would hopefully stop us from dropping Burns into coverage on 3rd and long, let Chinn play in the box, get our man CBs out of this soft zone they were playing, gets players like TMJ, and Higgins some playing time, and allow Bozeman to get his shot at C. It’s also lets our team/players know losing isn’t ok and we expect better. I’m not saying we will magically make a playoff run, but maybe it can inject some juice in our players on game day.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

There’s 0 reason to fire Rhule now. The entire staff is his guys save for like 3 or 4 coaches. Firing him achieves nothing. The whole staff is unqualified to be coaching an NFL team. 

I can see firing him now to get an early start on vetting candidates to be the next head coach.

It is possible though that if he's let go, he takes his guys with him.

2 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Honestly just blow the team up, clean up the cap and horde draft pics for a 2025-2028 SB window 

This would suck and this should have been done 3 years ago but yeah this is the way out of this mess.  We need to start trading away some players to build up capital.   Cmac needs to be the first to go.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Profile is a Huddle original from 2008 as well hnmm

just an fyi...huddle is a few years older than that. that date in 2008 was after the great meltdown after we got stomped in ATL a few days before. board melted down literally. @Jai. was around for the original board, though.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I can see firing him now to get an early start on vetting candidates to be the next head coach.

It is possible though that if he's let go, he takes his guys with him.

Nixon and Snow for certain.  He can have them though.  The rest of the guys will want to keep their paychecks for the remainder of the season. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I am hoping its to fire Snow. That being said, I highly doubt this thread has any acccuracy to it. So this will be my only particiapation. Also, Im pretty sure our Monday presser is during the 1p hour, so that will be just as telling 

Hard to imagine Rhule agreeing to that given how close he and Snow are.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I am hoping its to fire Snow. That being said, I highly doubt this thread has any acccuracy to it. So this will be my only particiapation. Also, Im pretty sure our Monday presser is during the 1p hour, so that will be just as telling 

Thats what i was thinking when i first saw it

1 minute ago, Donald LaFell said:

Honestly just blow the team up, clean up the cap and horde draft pics for a 2025-2028 SB window 

We don’t really need to do that. I’d try to trade CMC this offseason. Get rid of Shaq/RA/any overpaid JAG. We have 3 good young OL in Icky, BC, and Moton plus a good young WR in Moore all locked in for the next few years. Corral can be a cheap backup with potential. Insert a Young/Stroud with a good coach and our offense isn’t too far away. 

Horn, DJax, and Chinn (when used correctly) are good young defensive players. Brown needs some help on the DL, but he looked good last game. 

We are just having trouble finishing games in which a new coach and QB could correct.