• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule and Tepper scheduled to meet at 1:30

Jai.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can see firing him now to get an early start on vetting candidates to be the next head coach.

It is possible though that if he's let go, he takes his guys with him.

Besides, any coach worth looking at won't be available until deep into the playoffs and quit possibly after the SB anyway. 

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Yeah I think I have had a continuous account here since maybe 2003?  That would make it by far my oldest, still used online account. Damn near 20 years.  Thats crazy.  

You’re profile says 2008, but if you’re like me (2009) it seems a lot longer. Neg rep to smack!

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Besides, any coach worth looking at won't be available until deep into the playoffs and quit possibly after the SB anyway. 

Not always. Also when you are completely ready to hire you can get the interviews and negotiations in before they finish their postseasons and just make it official when they are done for the year vs waiting to talk to them at the end of their seasons. It isn't guaranteed but it would be nice to try to pull off. I think that has happened recently but I forget who and I am too lazy to look it up but I remember them telling their playoff team they had already decided to take the job.   

2 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

You’re profile says 2008, but if you’re like me (2009) it seems a lot longer. Neg rep to smack!

The board "reset" itself(or somethings along those lines)so members had to re-register and that is why most people's say 2008.

Edited by Hugor Hill
auto-correct on phone is shite.
  • Pie 2

Just now, HPPantherzfan said:

Unless we pull one out of retirement 

That's certainly an option.  With Teppers willingness to throw money around the chance of getting one would theoretically be an advantage.  But with the reputation this franchise is getting under Teppers ownership I don't think money will be enough. 

7 minutes ago, Barney said:

I heard it is a combination of all of our previous coaches coming back to form a staff.  John Fox said we don't' run enough on 3rd and long.  I hear Herm Edwards is available lol. 

Damn. You made me miss  the Double Trouble Years. I remember when we could just gash teams and we would continuously pick up 3rd and Longs on HB Draws.

At Least We Have Chubba 🤣 

The Glory Days are Gone.

Edited by Cam Lawter