• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore comments

NAS

4 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

DJ is getting the targets. He's just not catching the ball. Same with Robby. Drop squad.

QB is awful too. 

Offensive system is average at best for the NFL.

He has one (1) single dropped pass for the season. I agree with everything else you said though. His targets have been…..below standard to say the least. Anyone who has watched Baker this season cannot put any blame on Moore. We had more exciting QB play when we had Kyle Allen

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He has one (1) single dropped pass for the season. I agree with everything else you said though. His targets have been…..below standard to say the least. Anyone who has watched Baker this season cannot put any blame on Moore. We had more exciting QB play when we had Kyle Allen

If you watch much film then Moore isnt playing especially well all of the time either.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

DJ is getting the targets. He's just not catching the ball. Same with Robby. Drop squad.

QB is awful too. 

Offensive system is average at best for the NFL.

Most of DJ’s targets have been off target balls by the QB

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

You can put blame on Moore too.

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

If you watch much film then Moore isnt playing especially well all of the time either.

His routes are lazy. He gets overpowered by the DBs at the top of his routes. He fails to fight through the final yard of his route before his cut on a timing route. He fails to execute the scramble drill when he is the hot receiver causing his QB to hold it since Moore chooses not to keep the play alive. He gives up on routes when he decides he lost to the DB. Moore has done this with Cam, Allen, Teddy, Darnold, and now Baker. There is a reason when the field gets tight in the redzone and it becomes more physical Moore disappears. A good #1 WR would bail these QBs out, and Moore does not get that done.

I believe Moore could be a great #2 like Isaac Bruce or John Taylor. He has proven over 5 years that he can't change a game as the #1.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, thennek said:

In 2020, DJ had 1,200 receiving,  Robbie had 1,100 yards and Curtis had 800 yards….and the QB was Teddy. It seems like the QB position has gotten worse each year. 
How did the Panthers go from there to where they are now? This team has playmakers, 2-3 above avg WR’s, a revamped o-line, one of the best RB in the game…..but can’t score points. The Panthers offense was more dynamic and exciting when Kyle Allen was the QB. I do not think this is all on Mayfield…it seems like “they” are not setting this team up to be successful.

I agree and it’s frustrating to watch. I keep hoping baker turns it around soon. O-line isn’t even a problem this year.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Most of DJ’s targets have been off target balls by the QB

Take a look at the timing routes. Baker is throwing the ball where Moore should be. I don't think Baker will win a team a championship, but you can't blame him for a receiver who cuts at 9 yards instead of 10 yards because he doesn't want to come across the face of the DB, get body position, and fight for separation.

• Pie 3

I really like DJ.  Anderson is not taking any attention in the secondary.  He really just seems to be going through the motions at best which puts more on DJ.  I would bench Anderson and put someone out there that really wants to play.  Obviously Baker needs to get his accuracy figured out, but when you watch there really is not much separation out there.  

The main problem with the Offense is coaching/Scheme IMO. It is true that he players are not executing in many instances, but they are talented. The coaches have not put together a system and correctly coached the players to prepare to carry out their duties.

• There is a motivation issue
  • There is an issue with the way players are used and play design relative to this.
  • There is an issue with the players that are the field and how rotation (subs) at TE, WR, RB, and OL are used (or not used). 
  • There is an issue with the simplicity of many play designs and the lack of formations that use motion, or establish multiple play options from the same formation.

There are simply put. A LOT OF ISSUES.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Yikes at Kyle Allen

14 hours ago, frankw said:

People trying to drag DJ while caping for Rhule are garbage. I'll go with the WR who has produced big with some of the worst quarterbacks around over a head coach who still doesn't know what a good QB looks like or how to develop one.

lol Not one person has said one bad thing about DJ. So I'm not sure who you are calling garbage? You are so used to insulting ppl, you are seeing Ghosts where none exist. lol