• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it fair to discuss trading CMC / DJ

TheBigKat

I don't think we're that far away from being a playoff caliber team, so I wouldn't be trying to trade anyone like that.

We have a TERRIBLE coaching staff and an awful QB, you can't win in the NFL today with those two things. If we can get a competent new HC and a top QB in the draft, I see no reason that we can't compete very soon.

We have a lot of great pieces, but when you might have both the worst HC and QB in the league, you're not going to stand a chance.  Just look at our defense today, they played really well and just got screwed over by Baker and the turnovers.  2 of their 3 TD's were on drives of 5 yards and 31 yards, that's not on the defense in the slightest, take that away and they just held a good offense to 13 points and would have won the game.

Draft a QB with our first rounder, a WR with our second rounder (and dump Robby while at it), and spend any cap room on improving both lines, and I think we have a very good team next year with a real NFL coaching staff.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

TBH this team doesn't need to be rebuilt but retooled with a good NFL coach. 1

A legit coach and hitting on a top QB in 2023 draft could easily have us completely turned around and a playoff team next year. Easier said than done, but that's all it takes. The other pieces are there.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

TBH this team doesn't need to be rebuilt but retooled with a good NFL coach. 1

I mean our O needs a full rebuild IMO.  

And I think you can rebuild the D and just acknowledge Horn, Brown, Chinn are all super young and stay to be part of it.  

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, t96 said:

A legit coach and hitting on a top QB in 2023 draft could easily have us completely turned around and a playoff team next year. Easier said than done, but that's all it takes. The other pieces are there.

We seriously could get a decent backup and do better than right now. Still when we pick next year a QB will be there. 

47 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Is that on the table?

It’s obvious this off-season will be a new coaching / team overhaul, we’re NOT one player away from anything.

CMC’s stock is solid right now, healthy and productive. A team like BAL, KC, BUF are ideal landing spots for him, he should garner a first

same could be said about DJ, should get you a first with the likes of KC, SF, BAL, GB

if you can trade these guys and head next year with a fresh coach and 3 1st rounders at least the rebuild will get a kickstart and could be capital for a bonafide #1 QB

Yeah man, Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer armed with no good offensive players and 3 first-round picks will surely go 0-17 for years. 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean our O needs a full rebuild IMO.  

And I think you can rebuild the D and just acknowledge Horn, Brown, Chinn are all super young and stay to be part of it.  

I disagree icky, BC, and Moton are solid. If Rhule would get his head out of his ass he would replace Efup in center but that's another story. On defense we have a strong secondary and Luvu at backer is solid. Burns at DE is solid as well. We definitely need to build on those players. 

No, what will the new HC and QB have to work with? We’re not going to get any kind of return on the trades, if it was for a high first each then sure, but no one is going to give us that. We’d trade DJ and CMC and get draft picks that would get us Robbie and Chuba equivalents. 

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

I disagree icky, BC, and Moton are solid. If Rhule would get his head out of his ass he would replace Efup in center but that's another story. On defense we have a strong secondary and Luvu at backer is solid. Burns at DE is solid as well. We definitely need to build on those players. 

When I say a rebuild that doesn’t mean 100% of the roster gone.  Icky fits a rebuild. 

Burns is a solid DE but I don’t think every DC in the NFL would want him.  Not at his cap space.  Depends what you want to be on D. 

49 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

When has he EVER taken over a game?? Can you name one game where it was all DJ Moore show and we were just witnessing him dominating? You can’t, because its never happened. Hes not a #1. You want to keep giving him excuses because he’s full of potential but potential and delivering on that potential are two very different things. 

Who was his best OC? Best QB? How can a WR take over a game when the balls get batted down or the QB is throwing to the other team or the defense knows the plays??

If we draft a QB and a C in the second our offense could be ok with a good HC. Defense has a lot of good young pieces In Brown, Horn, Jackson, Woods, Burns, and Chinn (used correctly). We really aren’t that far off just need a good coach to help pick the right QB with our top pick.