• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will be the Panthers first blowout loss this season?

First blowout loss?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. .

• 49ers - 10/09
    • Rams - 10/16
    • Buccaneers - 10/23
    • Falcons - 10/30
    • Bengals - 11/06

Just now, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

2001? I remember getting gashed by the freaking Atlanta fullback at home

That sounds about right. We were swept that year 77-0. When people want to talk about hated rivals, any other team, they have forgotten that embarrassment. 

That said, my vote was for the Bucs, for similar reasons mentioned already. I think that's when the bottom falls out.

• Pie 2

Snow's defense looked pretty good for the first couple games last year until a grownup team figured out how to beat the college scheme we were running and showed everyone else how to do it while snow couldn't adapt.

We'll see the same this year. Cardinals ran a college offense run by another college coach. Shanny Jr. isn't a college coach. They'll run all over us and show everyone else how to.

• Beer 1

Personally, I’d rather we keep every game close and make it look like we’re literally a QB and good coaching staff away from winning. Make us look as appealing as possible to potentially future head coaches. Make them think they can just come in, instill their culture, grab their QB (draft), and get to rolling. 

I picked the Rams game yesterday, and I still think that could be ugly.  But if the 49ers are hitting any kind of stride offensively, the first blowout could be this Sunday.  I don't think it will be 49-7, but it could wind up being 23-3 and generally not in doubt sometime in the first half.

• Beer 1