• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fit and Morgan: SHOULD they stay?

CanadianCat

Should Fitterer be tired to Rhue?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fitterer be tired to Rhue?

• Fire them all
    • Fitterer gets a chance to hire his HC

4 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Nope. Fitts gotta go. We went from good with the salary cap to bad without a QB to show for it.

But was that really his choice to do all that restructuring to go after a QB that had no desire to be here? We're in cap hell next year at 20m over atm I believe but some of these contracts were asinine to begin with. CMC, stupid contract. Robbie, stupid contract. Shaq, stupid contract. Fitts has put some pieces together, we just have a couple of these guys for HC and OC. 

swedish-chef-baking.gif

• Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Honestly I don't even care. Fitterer isn't a coffee or errand boy. He has just as much culpability in this as Rhule.

I'm not too sure about that.  Fitterer executed the trades, but was he the one that sought out the players?  Like the Henderson trade for instance...when Horn went down last year did Scott get on the horn to Jacksonville to back fill the spot on his instincts OR did Rhule say 'we need a CB immediately, go find me one.'

I realize scouts and GMs keep a list of perspective players, but did Fitts go to Rhule or did Rhule go to Fitts?  This is the reason I'm willing to give Fitterer the benefit of a doubt.  Rhule is the puppet master and the reason no matter how much he shuffles the chairs around in the front office, the results are the same.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why does everyone think Morgan is so awesome?

Well for one thing he's getting some attention as a possible future GM around league circles as the rumors would have it. He's also a pretty good pro scout/evaluator.  So he has some potential for us if we go there. But that's if Tepper is conscious of the talent he does have on staff. I would not lose sleep if he's let go however.  It wouldn't be the first time the Panthers let talented staff walk out the door.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why does everyone think Morgan is so awesome?

Beane hired him on as Director of Player Personnel in 2018 in Buffalo for 3 years before we signed him as an Assistant in 2021.  If he learned anything from Beane about building a roster he is worth it, plus there is obvious Panthers familiarity.  

• Beer 1