• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason La Canfora on the Panthers Future and CMC

ncfan

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Absolutely disagree that we don't have a quality roster - and trading away McCaffrey for pennies on the dollar doesn't make it any stronger either.

poo article.

I could understand trading CMC just because RB's don't last forever in the NFL. I love the guy but at this point we're just wasting the dude.... I whole heartedly agree with you about the "Quality Roster" part.... this team is legit if we could even get a AVERAGE QB that could put up 20-24 points. 

• Beer 3

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It’s going to be 18.5M before March, no matter what. Whatever amount that comes off this years(around 6M) is just less carry over so it’s all the same. It’s going to sting. 

Yeah I get that, I am just wondering where that comes from?  Whose contract and how can we negotiate to offset that huge hit.  I mean if it produces a first then do everything you can but that is a lot of money to try and wiggle out from for this year.

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Absolutely disagree that we don't have a quality roster - and trading away McCaffrey for pennies on the dollar doesn't make it any stronger either.

poo article.

We've gone back and forth on this for a few weeks now.  I think this roster is bottom half of the nfl and now the national guys are figuring it out.  We have some shiny pieces up front but our depth pretty much across the board is lol funny.  Add in our cap going forward and its going to be interesting since we dont have a ton of draft picks to fill out some holes

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah I get that, I am just wondering where that comes from?  Whose contract and how can we negotiate to offset that huge hit.  I mean if it produces a first then do everything you can but that is a lot of money to try and wiggle out from for this year.

None. Every vet contract is renegotiated already. There is no off-setting dead money. Once a player is off the roster, it hits. That’s why it’s not a good idea to kick the can on every player. Hard to get rid of them. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Toomers said:

None. Every vet contract is renegotiated already. There is no off-setting dead money. Once a player is off the roster, it hits. That’s why it’s not a good idea to kick the can on every player. Hard to get rid of them. 

Thanks.  I believe it was you that explained it to me last time I asked.  So I guess Jason L hasnt really looked at our cap situation.

What the fug were they thinking giving him that deal after only 3 seasons?

16 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So Tepper is "hoping" Rhule just quits, huh?  Rhule is a moron NFL head coach, but he's not stupid and going to forfeit tens of millions just to quietly exit.

Rhule likely isn’t forfeiting that much money if he lands a good power 5 gig. Plus there is happiness and his entire future (more money) at play in the long run. 

Brian Kelly LMAO makes more money than Rhule.  Miami, Michigan State, etc all pay their coaches more.  With ballooning salaries Rhule has decent odds if someone wants him of getting really good money and no longer being a miserable laughing stock. 

LaCanfora has proven with remarkable consistency that he had absolutely no idea what’s going on in the building in charlotte

edit: he isn’t even pretending here, the entire article is “here’s what other people think of the panthers.”

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Trading away CMC for some draft picks would be so disappointing

What good new coach wants to come to an org that hasn’t won in a half decade, has no QB and no draft picks?  It will make us the default last pick IMO any good coach and they likely just wait another hiring cycle.  Where you go matters for not only player success but coaching success to.  You largely have about 3 years in this league to put up

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2