• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Since there's not much at all to enjoy in the present, how about some memberberries

t96

Just came across this again on youtube. Man, I miss all our core players from those days. We may have come up short those few great seasons we had but still, from what we've seen from Tepper and company I'd gladly take that again, at least being relevant and in the mix.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

We've tried replacing a grown ass man at QB1 with mere little boys. We've tried replacing a wise veteran of the game at coach, with a cutesy coach fitted for leading high school kids.  

The culture of a team lives and dies with their leaders and leaders we do not have.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

That is my all time favorite Panthers video. As much as I loved our 2015 team, I just feel like our 2003 squad had a better story. Had more heart. 2015 was a letdown at the end, more than anything. 

When Jake made his first start for the Panthers, I was only 10. 11 by the time the Super Bowl was played. This was only the third season I had been following the team every game, being so young. 

Just a great, innocent time in my life that I miss sometimes. What an awesome season. 

2003 felt like we were the little engine that could. We just kept winning when we weren't supposed to. So that had something special. But it also hurt so badly to lose that way.

2015 felt like a dream run of a season culminating in what was supposed to be a coronation as champions. I was just mad all game long watching that shitshow. It was the worst team we faced all offseason and we poo the bed in a dramatic fashion. 2015 was magical as the season progressed but ended in horrible fashion.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Fright said:

We've tried replacing a grown ass man at QB1 with mere little boys. We've tried replacing a wise veteran of the game at coach, with a cutesy coach fitted for leading high school kids.  

The culture of a team lives and dies with their leaders and leaders we do not have.

You got it right in the end, but Cam was done when he was replaced.  It was the right call.  Rivera was done when he was replaced.  Correct call.

The problem was the replacements we brought in are/were not up to the standards.

We all listened to Tepper when he said mediocrity was not acceptable.  Unfortunately, we assumed he meant we would be striving for better.  Instead, we are now terrible.  Hooray for the death of mediocrity!

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

2003 felt like we were the little engine that could. We just kept winning when we weren't supposed to. So that had something special. But it also hurt so badly to lose that way.

2015 felt like a dream run of a season culminating in what was supposed to be a coronation as champions. I was just mad all game long watching that shitshow. It was the worst team we faced all offseason and we poo the bed in a dramatic fashion. 2015 was magical as the season progressed but ended in horrible fashion.

In 2015, we celebrated too soon. Karma came looking for us and she just rubbed our noses in it.

• Beer 1