• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Demolition Ahead...

davos

The biggest thing I warned about the last time we did this was bringing in lower tier QBs to help us "compete" right away. That creates what I call QB limbo, when you win too many games to have a top 3 or so pick, but not enough games to even sniff the playoffs. We wasted a season each on Teddy, Sam, and Baker. I'm not going through that again, so I have some ground rules this time around for this team.

Rule number #1. If we don't draft a QB with our 1st pick in the 2023 draft, then I am not watching the 2023 season. Same goes for 2024 if we don't take one then. I'm not wasting another Sunday watching a failed veteran QB lead us to 5 wins. 5 wins is a bad thing. 0 wins is a GOOD thing. You either BOTTOM OUT, or shoot for the stars. 5 or 6 wins is the worst thing you can do when you don't have your franchise QB.

Another thing we need to be doing is having a fire sale for all non-o-line veteran players. Moton can stay. All o-line vets can stay. Any other vets can be traded at anything close to a fair deal, or even a not so fair deal. Just don't get totally ripped off.

Why keep a vet o-lineman? The o-line will need to be as good as possible for the new rookie QB. He will need a vet o-line to protect him from being injured or traumatized. The money for Moton is well spent. $$$$ on the o-line is ok while our rookie is still learning. Not a problem. All other vets are tradable.

How Fitt has survived is anyone's guess, but now he has to get to work. God help us.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I agree with alot of this, except CMC not being elite. He is elite in the NFL. 

This will sound silly but he is and he isn't, I just don't view him that favorably. He's elite when everything is set up for success and he's not injured.  If we're looking at just pure ability and football IQ & talent in a bubble, he is elite.  But you have to consider the other factors or else, you're wasting time on a guy you can't trust.

And then injuries aside, my biggest problem is that CMC being on this team has never really translated to success.  It is in a HUGE way due to the team around him, but man, you want to see more success for having a supposed top talent I.E. Henry basically carrying the Titans offense to the playoffs consecutive years now.  He's never lifted this offense enough to where you think we can win because of him.  And now, he's nearing the modern RB production cliff.  I've just kind of accepted he's going to produce a ton when healthy, and be a critical part of this team, but am overall pretty indifferent.    

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

This roster is in better shape than the Giants and look at what Daboll has done there...with a bad to mediocre QB. 

I don't buy that this is a huge rebuild in the least. A competent coach and we may be a .500 team. A competent coach and decent QB and we're in the playoffs. 

Defense could actually be good if a legit DC takes over. Offense need lots of help though. 

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I agree with alot of this, except CMC not being elite. He is elite in the NFL. 

He's elite on talent. He's not elite at production because availability is a skill in the NFL, one he doesn't really have over the course of his career. He's also not elite on value, and is unlikley to be elite by the time any franchise qb we develop is ready to lead us into competitiveness. At that point CMC's ability is likely to be in decline and it's highly likely he'll be overpaid if still with this team.