• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is supposed to have a press conference at 345pm

raleigh-panther

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You forgot about COVID. He must've mentioned COVID 20 times. Yes, Dave. We know. The Panthers had to deal with COVID... along with everyone and every other organization on the planet.

...its all lip service to cover up his piss poor nfl business acumen.... 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Billy Joel… Camping World Stadium… if I want to look at pretty girls I’ll go to the beach… don’t need a Kenny Chesney concert for that.

I said the last concert at the stadium not any stadium. I went to the Billy Joel concert here and it was great, same with Elton John. And just because you and I don't like Kenny Chesney doesn't mean that like 50,000 other people don't. 

And as someone who has been to some of the best venues in the U.S. when it comes to entertainment… I’d much rather be at a smaller venue…

That's your preference. Tons of people love stadium shows, and now we have use of the actual stadium in downtown Charlotte for those people. 

Red Rocks Amphitheater and St. Augustine Amphitheater are much better than some big ass stadium.

Talking about Charlotte. Tepper didn't claim he brought music to Colorado or Florida. Jesus. 

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You forgot about COVID. He must've mentioned COVID 20 times. Yes, Dave. We know. The Panthers had to deal with COVID... along with everyone and every other organization on the planet.

Im just curious why you say he mentioned it 20x , when he only mentioned it twice:

1. When he talks about taking ownership of the Panthers during COVID

2. Starting up the MLS team during COVID. 

Whats the goal here on embelishing the truth? I am just attempting to understand your mindset here. I hope you don't take offense to this... Im just having trouble understanding why you chose this specific piece to emphasize...

Edited by TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Im just curious why you say he mentioned it 20x , when he only mentioned it twice:

1. When he talks about taking ownership of the Panthers during COVID

2. Starting up the MLS team during COVID. 

Whats the goal here on embelishing the truth? Just attempting to understand your mindset here. I hope you don't take offense to this... Im just having trouble understanding why you chose this specific piece to emphasize...

I definitely heard COVID more than twice. Yeah, 20 was an exaggeration but it felt like he shoehorned COVID into every answer he could manage.

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I liked his comment about taking a risk with rhule.  Says you will not win in life without taking risks

It was such a dumb risk though. Like really dumb. The hype around Rhule was mystifying at the time and he bought into it, literally and figuratively, hook, line, and sinker.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I definitely heard COVID more than twice. Yeah, 20 was an exaggeration but it felt like he shoehorned COVID into every answer he could manage.

I listened to the whole thing again, he only says it twice. I read your message and wanted to see if he used COVID as an excuse for the delay in his firing of Rhule.  He talks about "4 years of ownership, 2 of those being COVID" and then then other comment was the concerts and MLS team planning being done during COVID. 

I am surprised he didnt lean into it a bit more, but I guess he knows its not an excuse.