• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don’t be surprised if Panthers beat Rams Sunday

raleigh-panther

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Haha I’d be VERY surprised. I don’t see more than 1-2 more wins on the schedule 

As would I. Of course on any given Sunday and all it could happen.  I think the winner will be whomever sucks the least. We are the current champions of the suck so the odds are against the Rams. 

Honestly, the first game starting a backup QB can be a total crapshoot. Opposing teams don't have much film, so there's less to exploit than a multi-season starter. Kyle Allen comes to mind. Hell, Cooper Rush is 5-0 as a starter.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we come out and win this one...before the losing streak starts.

Edit: I'll add, I'd also love to see us win this week, just to make Rhule look especially bad.

Edited by Captroop
  • Pie 1

50 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It will all depend on how we handle Cooper Kupp.  The guy is a beast and can find a way to get open.  If Wilks plays an aggressive defense it might be possible. 

I think it depends more on our own offense.  If we can protect PJ and he can get completions (and avoid interceptions), we have a shot.  If not, it's going to be a long day for us, even if Kupp is sitting on a beach in Hawaii.  

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

What has changes that is going to lead us to wins?

I think Wilks is smarter than Rhule and he is going to say, probably already has, to McAdoo

‘you need to come up with 10 plays that this  offense can run for positive yards period. 10 plays that can be executed with timing and precision and in practice this week, they are going to be run over and over again and I’ll be there overseeing it’. 

im dead serious on this. You don’t learn to be a ballroom dancer if you can’t do a box step or a foxtrot 

this offense is at the box step level.  

the defenses already know McAdoo’s offense. He isn’t going to fool anybody but himself   

Walker gets rid of the ball quickly…even if 50% of the time it’s to the other team 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I saw that talked about on nfl network also. Don't buy into how bad the Rams are right now. They are still a 10x better team than the Panthers.  

Coached, sure.

Otherwise they have all their money in a QB, WR, DT and CB. They're missing a lot of talent that helped them get to the SB last year, and yes "fug them picks" worked, but now they're missing young, cheap talent to replace that talent. On top of that, Stafford may be playing through an injury.

This is purely in the bigger picture of the NFL and not jsut about or matchup, we're still gonna lose lmao. But if we had a competent offense and a good coach, I'd say we're better than them this season. Rams are trending down in the NFC. 

• Beer 1