• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hope is finally here.

ladypanther

I will say that one silver lining is with the exception of the Ravens, our remaining schedule seems easy. Even the Bucs look very vulnerable and if not for a BS roughing the passer call last week, Falcons likely come back and at least tie that game.

Broncos look trash, Bengals look beatable then the Saints again, Falcons twice. The only sure fire loss I see left is the Ravens

Edited by panthersgreenville

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

My friends, we are here. We wanted hope...we wanted to talk about the future instead of the failed past
which miserably seemed destined to repeat itself every week.

2 admissions....I am a homer and I am an optimist. But admit it...we all want to be here. I will get the
first bold prediction out of the way...the Panthers will beat the Rams this Sunday.

Wilks. So word was Tepper wanted an experienced HC for the next hire. Check. Failed??..Well, he only
got 1 season in Arizona. Gee...how many times does that happen? I am sure there is a little motivation
there.

And.....how did he get on this staff in the first place? I cannot imagine that Rhule went out looking for
previous head coaches who might replace him. Wilks was picked by someone else....so curious about
who that was and obviously convinced Tepper forced the issue.

Wilks seems like the anti Rhule. Not saying that Rhule was a bad guy...just a fish out of water. No doubt
he wanted to succeed and meant well.

Right off the bat Wilks fires 2 [Rhule] coaches. Forget about brass balls....he has real balls...not
arrogance but confidence in his vision.

We all loved the Wilks press conference. Not hype...just real. He is business, straight forward, and if you
look closely, there is some affection there. OMG...we have someone who understands the heritage of this
franchise. This is important...this is our soul. It gives the team meaning. Again, it means something to be
a Panther. It means playing with a purpose. We did not need a damn brand. We had something more
meaningful than that and thankfully we just got it it back.

I cannot imagine that there is anyone who does not hope that this is the right place and the right time for
Steve Wilks. What a story...hometown West Charlotte guy. Has paid his dues and although the Arizona
experience was painful and ugly...seems like a guy that would learn from that.

Wilks has a big challenge with the offense. I hope he can have a positive influence there. It was
encouraging to see him spending time with McAdoo. QB situation...oh dear...but...a fresh perspective
could not hurt. Offense please.....just stay on the field a little longer. Walker.....please please play a decent
game.

Bottom line....no surprise....I am hoping Wilks can turn things around and be the coach of the future. I
know odds are against that but that does not seem to concern him. One of the reasons I like him...he says
it is not about him. 
Wilks seems like the kind of guy that will really inspire players....and they will respect him and give their
all for. Most importantly, Wilks is a Panther. He will not let the team forget who we are.
I bet there are a lot of people out there who think the Panthers are a mess. Well, for the first time in years,
I think we are not.

I also think moving forward this team will surprise people. First up is the Rams. I will be watching on
Sunday.

GO PANTHERS. KEEP POUNDING!!

3-13

• Pie 2
  • Poo 5

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Unfortunately I can’t say I agree. The players are checking out faster than johns at an hourly motel. 

Idk they seem more focused actually. PJ said the energy at practice was “Elite”. I still believe we suck the rest of the year, but I have no doubt Wilks can get this team more motivated that the preacher Rhule. He should bring back the bats for the rest of the year 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

i smoked a cigar with steve wilks a few years back. extremely straight-forward, no nonsense, no bullshit guy. no car salesman act, no tv preacher schmooze. and he doesn't strike me as the type to try to install a goofy college brand with a bunch of thirty year old millionaires.

i am very optimistic 

Realistic best case scenario?

I hope Wilks succeeds but I don’t expect him to. 
Interm HC rarely do anything other than hold down the fort till the new HC comes. 
Other than last year I can’t think of a time an Interm HC lead his team to the playoffs. 
Good news is people have no reason to get angry if we lose because it is expected. 

I do agree in principle.  But practically , one week is not going to change much.  It's going to be the same playbook, same play caller, etc.. slight tweaks sure. 

I think what you're saying is PJ, the coaching change, etc.. will bring new energy and that energy will turn this into a winning team.  I hope you're right, but the pragmatic side of me screams "not really".  I'm on board though!

Edited by MickMixon'sMetaphors
typo

12 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

My friends, we are here. We wanted hope...we wanted to talk about the future instead of the failed past
which miserably seemed destined to repeat itself every week.

2 admissions....I am a homer and I am an optimist. But admit it...we all want to be here. I will get the
first bold prediction out of the way...the Panthers will beat the Rams this Sunday.

Wilks. So word was Tepper wanted an experienced HC for the next hire. Check. Failed??..Well, he only
got 1 season in Arizona. Gee...how many times does that happen? I am sure there is a little motivation
there.

And.....how did he get on this staff in the first place? I cannot imagine that Rhule went out looking for
previous head coaches who might replace him. Wilks was picked by someone else....so curious about
who that was and obviously convinced Tepper forced the issue.

Wilks seems like the anti Rhule. Not saying that Rhule was a bad guy...just a fish out of water. No doubt
he wanted to succeed and meant well.

Right off the bat Wilks fires 2 [Rhule] coaches. Forget about brass balls....he has real balls...not
arrogance but confidence in his vision.

We all loved the Wilks press conference. Not hype...just real. He is business, straight forward, and if you
look closely, there is some affection there. OMG...we have someone who understands the heritage of this
franchise. This is important...this is our soul. It gives the team meaning. Again, it means something to be
a Panther. It means playing with a purpose. We did not need a damn brand. We had something more
meaningful than that and thankfully we just got it it back.

I cannot imagine that there is anyone who does not hope that this is the right place and the right time for
Steve Wilks. What a story...hometown West Charlotte guy. Has paid his dues and although the Arizona
experience was painful and ugly...seems like a guy that would learn from that.

Wilks has a big challenge with the offense. I hope he can have a positive influence there. It was
encouraging to see him spending time with McAdoo. QB situation...oh dear...but...a fresh perspective
could not hurt. Offense please.....just stay on the field a little longer. Walker.....please please play a decent
game.

Bottom line....no surprise....I am hoping Wilks can turn things around and be the coach of the future. I
know odds are against that but that does not seem to concern him. One of the reasons I like him...he says
it is not about him. 
Wilks seems like the kind of guy that will really inspire players....and they will respect him and give their
all for. Most importantly, Wilks is a Panther. He will not let the team forget who we are.
I bet there are a lot of people out there who think the Panthers are a mess. Well, for the first time in years,
I think we are not.

I also think moving forward this team will surprise people. First up is the Rams. I will be watching on
Sunday.

GO PANTHERS. KEEP POUNDING!!

I am so ready to be excited again about seeing us play, to have hope of a win instead of an embrassment, to feel confident of our coaching staff, to know our players are all in, for the fans to be first optimistic instead of pessimistic, and finally to win or at least be in every game. With all that said I am going to sound as the sane old fan for the last 3 years. I  hope Ladypanther is right on and all she stated is true, but I'm  afraid the odds are too great for Wilks to succeed. The remainder of this year is just so screwed up for him. No Qb or OC that he chose and with that I'm not sure he will get a fair shot. You just don't know what Tepper will do. They say he's impatient but he was in perfect position to fire Rhule at the end of last season and we would be hopefully with a new staff headed in the right direction. Now we are a year behind.